Electronic Technician - Test Equipment Maintenance and Repair
BAE Systems is looking for an Electrical Test Technician to be a contributor on the Operations team supporting the maintenance and repair of test equipment in its Nashua NH facility.
This position will include the following activities:
1. Perform test equipment preventative and corrective maintenance
2. Troubleshooting and repair of test equipment and cables
3. Support the rotation of test equipment for scheduled periodic calibration
4. Support improvements in test stand maintenance, processes, and methodologies to reduce downtime and increase throughput.
5. Provide test equipment training and support to manufacturing personnel.
6. Generate, review and maintain the technical content of test equipment preventative maintenance procedures, drawings, specifications, reports, and other associated documentation.
7. Interface with governmental customers, auditors and vendors as required
Required Skills and Education
Requires an Associate’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or its equivalent with a thorough knowledge of circuit analysis, measurement and instrumentation techniques. Requires a minimum of two (2) years of directly applicable testing experience.
- Knowledge and proficiency in the use of various electronic test equipment such as multi-meters, power supplies, signal generators, oscilloscopes, and network and spectrum analyzers
- Knowledge and proficiency in the use PC based test equipment.- Knowledge and experience in the use of electronic test and manufacturing techniques for digital and analog technology products.- Experience with the operation and maintenance of Thermal and Vibration environmental test equipment-Hands-on skills with the testing and troubleshooting of digital and analog assemblies and circuits.- Hands-on skills to build, repair and test electro-mechanical assemblies and cables.
- Able to work from a variety of documents including test procedures and specifications, wiring diagrams, schematics, etc….
- The candidate should have demonstrably strong problem analysis and solving skills
- Must be highly motivated and able to work both independently or in a team environment.
- Must have strong organizational and communication skills
Preferred Skills and Education Preferred Skills:
- Resolve production test problems by conducting troubleshooting activities on multifaceted test equipment technologies. Tasks require the ability to isolate and resolve test related problems in both hardware and software.
- Experience with Electro- Optical assemblies, their test methods and test equipment- Strong familiarity with the Microsoft Windows (XP, Windows 7) Operating Systems and software development on these platforms.
- Capabilities in National Instruments LabWindows/CVI programming and/or other similar test software development toolsets About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a global defense, aerospace and security company with more than 80,000 employees worldwide, delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Our Electronic Systems sector, headquartered in Nashua, N.H., has operations spanning commercial and defense electronics markets and offers a broad portfolio of mission critical electronic systems from flight and engine controls to electronic warfare and night vision systems, surveillance and reconnaissance sensors, secure networked communications equipment, and power and energy management systems. People are the greatest asset in any company. BAE Systems is committed to a high performance culture and provides an environment where the work we do matters and where people are challenged to reach their full potential. Equal Opportunity Employer. Females. Minorities. Veterans. Disabled
Back to top