- Fort Wayne, IN
BAE Systems, Controls & Avionics Solutions division, is seeking an experienced Technician with a strong background with equipment including complex test systems with a wide variety of instrumentation for production, test, inspection and quality control use.
Our Operations employees turn innovative engineering designs into real solutions to meet our customers' needs. From Supply Chain, to manufacturing and test, Electronic Systems offers opportunities to work with technology rarely accessible in other manufacturing firms. Our training and development programs provide employees with career advancement in a diverse work environment.
In Controls & Avionics Solutions, you will have the opportunity to help define and develop the next generation of avionics - whether it is fly-by-wire flight controls, full authority digital engine controls, or power management.
- Construct, perform complex diagnosis, troubleshoot, repair, and install intricate electronic and mechanical equipment and systems.
- Use precision measuring and analytical test equipment processes to calibrate a variety of electrical and mechanical equipment and systems.
- Ability to interpret and apply requirements from provided instructions (i.e. blueprints, manuals, schematics, layouts, verbal instructions, etc.)
- Maintain accurate and timely records, electronic and manual
- Assure calibration and equipment compliance as required
- Provide instructions and training on use of newly constructed or diagnosed equipment
- Perform duties related to proper material movement and handling
- Maintain a safe and clean work area
Our employees are the lifeblood of our company. With our robust offering of educational and career development opportunities, your chances to grow are limitless.
All applicants must be open to 1st, 2nd or 3rd shifts
Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship status
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Associates electronics degree or equivalent
- Ability to perform technical application requirements
- Ability to read, comprehend and apply written work instructions
- Ability to work in a collaborative, team oriented environment
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good manual dexterity and eye/hand/finger coordination for handling small mechanical and electrical equipment
- Information entry via a computer
- Lifting up to 50 pounds,
- Long periods of sitting and or standing
- Good manual dexterity requiring the use of both hands
- Visual acuity or correctable vision, color vision
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts - defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team-making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems' game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Back to top