Electronic Security Systems (ESS) Maintenance Technician
Seeking an Electronic Maintenance Tech with Lenel Certified Professional (LCP) with Pelco CCTV experience to support security electronic hardware systems. Lenel Technician will perform Preventive Maintenance (RM) and Remedial Maintenance (RM) support services for a Lenel Electronic Security System (ESS) and Pelco Closed Circuit Television System (CCTVS), located at Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) Distribution Norfolk, Virginia. The site is located within the Naval Air Station Norfolk. Position may require future support for sites in Williamsburg and Portsmouth, VA.
Regular working hours 0630-1500, Monday through Friday. Maintenance and repairs will be performed during these hours. Must be available for requirements outside of regular work schedule.
This position is controlled by the Service Contract Act (SCA) and is classified as non-exempt by the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA). Required Skills and Education Minimum Education:
The candidate must:
1. Be a U.S. citizen.
2. Be proficient in reading and capable of communicating effectively in English.
3. Be qualified and trained to work on the Lenel “On Guard” ESS system and Pelco CCTV.
4. Be certified by Lenel as a Lenel Certified Professional (LCP) or higher. The certification shall be active. No Legacy Certifications will be considered acceptable.
5. Be able to acquire and maintain a U.S. government Secret clearance and Common Access Card (CAC). A National Agency Check with Local Agency Check and Credit Check (NACLC) will be performed in accordance with DoD 5220.22-M, “National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual” (NISPOM) and DoD 5200.2-R.
7. Have at least five (5) years of experience in electronics repair, maintenance, and checkout
8. Have at least three (3) years’ experience in Installation tasks, Soldering, Cable Dressing, Cable Tray, Conduit, and Making/Repairing Connectors)
9. Have a minimum of three (3) years Lenel OnGuard maintenance and installation experience. Prior experience in Lenel OnGuard access control systems with inspecting, testing and troubleshooting of access control and intrusion detection equipment and systems.
10. Have experience with cable, wire, and connector assembly and repair
11. Have a basic understand of computer networks
12. Have a working knowledge of Fiber- installation and troubleshooting
13. Be able to read installation drawings and perform redlines for corrections
14. Have a good knowledge of the National Electric Code (NEC), NFPA 101, ICD 705, and other industry standards
Preferred Skills and Education
The position will also involve the following tasking:
1. Work from specific drawings, sketches, schematics and explicit verbal instructions to compile parts lists and generate engineering schematics
2. Utilize equipment which requires interpretation including, but not limited to, computer aided tools, volt meter, multi-meter, circuit tester and logic analyzer to troubleshoot, debug and perform routine measurements on electronic assemblies, subsystems and/or systems
3. Use standard test equipment and follows prescribed test procedures to perform circuit continuity and current and voltage checks. Tests for proper equipment operations and repair or replace defective parts and components as required.
4. May service, repair or calibrate simple to complex electronic equipment
5. Provide feedback and recommendations to engineers from the field for corrective actions
6. Participate in Site surveys and supports or develops site survey reports
7. Perform other duties as assigned by the applicable Project Manager or senior engineering personnel
8. Exert frequent physical energy. Climb ladders. Lifts and carries objects up to 50 pounds.
9. Perform service call work as necessary to determine the cause of system and equipment malfunctions, eliminate the cause(s), and restore the system or equipment to satisfactory working condition.
10. Receive and respond to service calls 24 hours per day, seven days a week, including weekends and holidays. The successful candidate will be provided with a cell phone for receipt of all service calls. All telephone calls shall be answered within 30 minutes. If the call is for emergency service, the candidate must be on the job site and working within four (4) hours after receipt of the service call, and resolve the issue before departing the job site.
IMPORTANT NOTE: This position will be located in Norfolk, VA. There is no monetary relocation assistance budgeted for this position. Willingness to relocate one’s self is required and is required to be clearly stated in the resume to be considered. About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That’s BAE Systems. That’s Inspired Work.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel. EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top