Electronic Assembler I
- Wayne, NJ
You don't see it, but it's there. Our employees work on the world's most advanced electronics -from saving emissions in the City of Lights to powering the Mars Rover to protecting the F-35 fighter jet. At Electronic Systems, you'll be among the brightest minds, working on the aerospace and defense industry's most difficult problems. Drawing strength from our differences, we're innovating for the future. And you can, too. Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first -exemplified by our missions: "We Protect Those Who Protect Us®" and "We Innovate For Those Who Move The WorldTM." Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with BAE Systems.
C4ISR:In Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (C4ISR) solutions, you'll help develop systems that sense, control, exploit and disseminate actionable information to warfighters supporting a variety of missions.
Operations: Our Operations employees turn innovative engineering designs into real solutions to meet our customers' needs. From Supply Chain, to manufacturing and test, Electronic Systems offers opportunities to work with technology rarely accessible in other manufacturing firms. Our training and development programs provide employees with career advancement in a diverse work environment.
1. Assembles electronic components, assemblies, subassemblies and modules by working from samples, visual aids, prints, wiring lists and diagrams, routing instructions and process sheets using appropriate tooling and machinery. Assembles parts using fasteners in the build-up of electronic assemblies. Verifies results to ensure conformance with requirements and performs rework as needed.
2. Performs mechanical assembly operations in the build of electronic assemblies using standard measuring tools and techniques.
3. Performs electronic assembly operations such as wire termination, and installation of wire harness, cable assemblies, relays, transformers, capacitors, resistors or other electronic components.
4. Fabricates wires on a Jig Board (Harness Board) in accordance with specifications. Continuous laces, flat laces and spot ties wire into bundles and routings according to drawing requirements.
5. Prepares wires by performing the following tasks: routes, dresses and terminates conductors to specific dimensions as specified by instructions.
6. Pre-stages circuit card kits and forms components by use of machine and hand devices, which meet general requirements and Manufacturing Control Specifications (MCS).
7. Performs masking operations prior to wave soldering or coating of circuit card assemblies (CCA). Cleans boards per Manufacturing Control Specifications (MCS).
8. Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
Required education: High School/GED Requires six (6) months of electronic assembly experience. Able to interpret and understand the instructions on process sheets, prints or route cards. Able to use hand tools (cutters, pliers, preformers, screw drivers, etc.). Able to identify electronic components and properly orient them into a circuit board according to polarity. Able to use measurement tools such as scales, micrometers and calipers. May be required to achieve specified solder certification in various assembly/soldering techniques per Company and customer standards.
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve.
Back to top