Electronic Assembler 2
1. Assembles electronic components, assemblies, subassemblies and modules by working from samples, visual aids, prints, wiring lists and diagrams, routing instructions and process sheets using appropriate tooling and machinery. Assembles parts using fasteners in the build-up of electronic assemblies. Verifies results to ensure conformance with requirements and performs rework as needed.
2. Performs mechanical assembly operations in the build of electronic assemblies using standard measuring tools and techniques.
3. Performs electronic assembly operations such as wire termination, and installation of wire harness, cable assemblies, relays, transformers, capacitors, resistors or other electronic components.
4. Fabricates wires on a Jig Board (Harness Board) in accordance with specifications. Continuous laces, flat laces and spot ties wire into bundles and routings according to drawing requirements.
5. Prepares wires by performing the following tasks: routes, dresses and terminates conductors to specific dimensions as specified by instructions.
6. Pre-stages circuit card kits and forms components by use of machine and hand devices, which meet general requirements and Manufacturing Control Specifications (MCS).
7. Performs masking operations prior to wave soldering or coating of circuit card assemblies (CCA). Cleans boards per Manufacturing Control Specifications (MCS).
8. Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
Required Skills and Education Required education: High School/GED Requires six (6) months of electronic assembly experience. Able to interpret and understand the instructions on process sheets, prints or route cards. Able to use hand tools (cutters, pliers, preformers, screw drivers, etc.). Able to identify electronic components and properly orient them into a circuit board according to polarity. Able to use measurement tools such as scales, micrometers and calipers. May be required to achieve specified solder certification in various assembly/soldering techniques per Company and customer standards.
Preferred Skills and Education OpsERP About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a global defense, aerospace and security company with more than 80,000 employees worldwide, delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Our Electronic Systems sector, headquartered in Nashua, N.H., has operations spanning commercial and defense electronics markets and offers a broad portfolio of mission critical electronic systems from flight and engine controls to electronic warfare and night vision systems, surveillance and reconnaissance sensors, secure networked communications equipment, and power and energy management systems. People are the greatest asset in any company. BAE Systems is committed to a high performance culture and provides an environment where the work we do matters and where people are challenged to reach their full potential. Equal Opportunity Employer. Females. Minorities. Veterans. Disabled
Back to top