Electro-Mechanical Engineer II (9B)
The BAE Systems site in Elgin, OK is seeking a Mechanical Engineer with a strength in electromechanical line replaceable unit (LRU) and component design to provide engineering support to the M109A7/M992A3 Self-Propelled Howitzer Paladin Integrated Management (PIM) program. The Engineer will be a member of the PIM Vehicle Electrical/Electronics Integrated Product Team and will serve as an interface between design and production engineering for analyzing and solving M109A7/M992A3 problems related to the design of electrical/electronic subsystems, assemblies, and components. The Engineer will support design related change notices and variance activities.
The Engineer is expected to apply mechanical engineering design and/or analytical theory, principles, techniques, and practices to :
- Analyze and interpret design specifications, drawings, documentation, models, and/or test results to ensure technical designs comply with applicable engineering standards, military specifications, and product requirements.
- Rapidly troubleshoot and isolate system level problems discovered during production and determine root-cause including design defects and production/supplier defects, and recommend near-term workaround.
- Analyze Field/Test Incident Reports and determine root-cause including design defects and production/supplier defects.
- Perform verification testing and/or data collection to support the implementation of corrective actions including technical analysis, calculations, and evaluation of results using specialized equipment and/or computer programs.
- Develop and write technical documentation, make revisions to existing documentation, and provide input to technical papers or presentations. May deliver technical presentations to the Integrated Product Team in a group setting.
- Provide Engineering consultation to other technical groups.
- Recommend design enhancements for the system, subsystem or component design to the design engineering group.
- Work from specific assignments, objectives and technical guidance received from supervisor or senior engineering personnel. Make technical decisions on work consistent with assignment, conferring with supervisor to determine alternative approaches and solutions to technical applications or problems.
- Maintain a safe work environment and ensure compliance with safety objectives, policies, and rules.
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
•B.S. degree in Mechanical Engineering or Electro-Mechanical Engineering from an accredited college or university.
•Two years work experience (or equivalent) in engineering field including the application of basic engineering design, development, analytical theory, experimentation, and test to a technical project.
•Good written communication skills - this position requires ability to create clear technical documentation of analyses, methods, results, conclusions, and recommendations. Writing examples may be requested.
•Good people skills - this position requires the ability to regularly collaborate with personnel from design engineering, production, field service, management, and the customer.
Preferred Skills and Education
•Experience working in a production environment
•Experience working with military ground vehicles
•Experience using 3D CAD Software such as PTC Creo (Pro/Engineer, ProductView)
•Experience using electrical lab test equipment (oscilloscopes, power analyzers, CAN, DAC/ADC converters) for test and verification
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Platforms & Services designs, develops, produces, supports, maintains, modernizes and upgrades armored combat vehicles, wheeled vehicles, naval guns, surface ship combatants, commercial vessels, missile launchers, artillery systems, military ordnance, and protective wear and armor. Equal Opportunity Employer: Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top