Electro Optical IR - Subject Matter Expert
BAE Systems is seeking Electro Optical Systems Engineer candidates to augment our engineering team in the development of leading edge capabilities in Passive Sensing. Candidates should demonstrate proficiency in the development of both imaging and non-imaging applications. The successful candidate will be serve as an individual contributor within the Optical Systems Capability Group that is responsible for the design, development, and implementation of passive sensing electro optical solutions that range from research and development prototypes to full rate production systems.
Specific job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Architect, develop CONOPS and requirements, design, model, analyze, and test electro optical systems and components used in a variety of passive sensing solutions to military/commercial applications.
- Apply or develop advanced concepts, techniques, or standards in passive EO sensing.
- Develop solutions to unusually complex challenges which require a high degree of ingenuity. Unique solutions impact future decisions and promote reuse.
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 10 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- BS in EE, Physics, Optics, or equivalent with 8+ years of experience working with passive electro-optical systems; or MS in EE, Physics, Optics, or equivalent with 6+ years of experience
- In-depth working knowledge of: passive sensing theory, techniques, components, and systems across the electro optical spectrum from UV to LWIR; understanding of imaging and non-imaging techniques including spatial, temporal, and spectrographic methods utilizing static and/or dynamic sensor platforms; utilization of passive sensor data for detection, tracking, classification/recognition applications; atmospheric transmission and modeling; conduct of complex trade studies involving sensors, optical designs, link budgets, SWaP, and environmental constraints; performance testing of EO components, sub-systems, and complete systems.
- US Citizen with active Secret clearance and eligible for Top Secret clearance.
- Experience with Systems Engineering processes and practices and working knowledge of DoD product development/lifecycle management.
- Experience working with multi-disciplinary teams consisting of mechanical, electrical, optical, software, and systems engineers.
- Experience working under consultative direction, self-initiated assignments, with limited supervision and interacting effectively with project management to achieve long term goals. Ability to lead a small team.
- Proven communications skills with demonstrated ability to present information with appropriate content to inform and influence team members, management, and customers.
- Active Top Secret clearance
- Experienced in developing systems for integration on Space, Flight, and/or Ground Mobile platforms
- Modeling and simulation skills
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top