Electrician Leadperson (2nd Shift)
- San Diego, CA
BAE Systems is seeking a Lead person in San Diego that will assign and supervise the day to day efforts of personnel including journeyperson, improvers and helpers direct and monitor performance to accomplish goals and task as assigned by management.
Additional Responsibilities Include:
- Assign personnel to complete job requirements and ensuring material is on the job site in a timely manner.
- Take turnover from 1st shift supervisors.
- Detail oriented in all aspects of the electrical trade.
- Comply with BAE Systems Affirmative Action Policy.
- Ensure all work areas are maintained clean and safe.
- Ensure safety policies and work practices are followed.
- Conduct Safety Meetings and attend all required safety meetings.
- Report and monitor all time charges and work with other departments to accomplish work assigned to them.
- Assume Foreperson responsibilities in his or her absence if necessary.
- Ensure personnel have the proper trade tools and equipment to perform their jobs.
- Must have past leadership experience or must exhibit leadership skills, including good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to work 2nd shift.
- Must follow company safety policy
- Must be able to Obtain Rapid Gate
- Basic computer skills
- Physical Requirements
- Must be able to work at heights in confined spaces and ability climb ladders of varying sizes with limited visibility.
- Must be able to continuously walk and stand on board naval vessels
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs on a frequent basis
The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair...just to name a few. Our employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will too.
We celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Back to top