BAE Systems is currently recruiting for Electricians to join our Facilities team at the Radford Army Ammunition Plant in Radford, VA. As an Electrician you will have the following responsibilities:
• Install, inspect and maintain all electrical equipment, using a wide variety of materials, tools and equipment.
• Fabricate and install all types of copper or aluminum bus bars, conduits, wiring, control panel wiring and equipment using suitable wiring diagram including explosion and dust tight equipment.
• Install and adjust AC-DC brushes.
• Ability to reverse a 3-phase motor.
• Ability to hook-up and seal electrical relays.
• Ability to hook-up a start/stop circuit.
• Lay out and fabricate materials for installations or repair of equipment, working from electrical drawings or diagrams.
• Locate, disassemble, test, reassemble or correct and service any motor, starter, control, circuit breaker or circuits on lines of any voltages, frequency or AC-DC current.
• Exercise extreme caution and watch out for safety of men working with him when working on any electrical circuits.
• Multi-skilled to assist and perform other FESA (Electronics, Instrument, Scale) base craft work as directed.
• May be responsible for directing the work of as many as five area mechanics or helpers without the direct supervision of a foreman of supervisor.
• Perform work to a high standard in a safe, efficient and economical manner.
• Perform Root Cause Analysis/5 Why on significant electrical breakdowns and equipment failures.
• Know and observe plant safety and housekeeping rules; especially, a Lock-Out, Tag-Out policy for multiple energy sources.
• Perform equipment PM's per written specifications and recommend changes to PM job plans based on Root Cause Analysis performed and manufacturer recommendations.
• Know and observe plant safety and housekeeping rules.
Exerts frequent physical energy. Must be able to perform unassisted lift up to 40 pounds. Must be able to maintain valid State's Driver's License. Physically able to work from a ladder. Be able to work in confined spaces. Be able to work around chemicals and magnetic drive pumps.
Must be capable of working in all seasonal environment/conditions, such as the heat, rain, cold, and snow. Must be capable of working in an energetic and hazardous environment including possibly handling of energetic propellant and hazardous material. Must be capable of working in or around alcohol and ether fumes. Must be able to work around nitroglycerin or magnetic fields. Must wear proper protective equipment including, but not limited to, ARC flash, respirators, hard toe shoes, coveralls, head protection, eye, hand and hearing protection. May work extended hours, weekends, or holidays. Will work rotating shifts.
Required Skills and Education
High School diploma with a Journeyman card or AAS 2-year degree in electrical technology
5 years of industrial electrical experience
Knowledge of desktop computer skills and Microsoft Office
Maintain a valid State Driver's License
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Platforms & Services designs, develops, produces, supports, maintains, modernizes and upgrades armored combat vehicles, wheeled vehicles, naval guns, surface ship combatants, commercial vessels, missile launchers, artillery systems, military ordnance, and protective wear and armor. Equal Opportunity Employer: Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top