Electrical Project Engineer
BAE Systems - Weapon Systems, is seeking an experienced Electrical Project Engineer to provide direct support to Project Manager by interfacing with critical electronic component & subsystem suppliers. Manage engineering projects of moderate to large size and significant complexity, and of strategic importance. Coordinate and communicate project objectives & product technical performance requirements to suppliers and staff. Ensure expectations for technical, product performance, cost, schedule, and quality requirements are negotiated, communicated and achieved. Ensure project outcomes are consistent with established engineering and management principles and practices. Interface with domestic & foreign partners and suppliers to ensure support is consistent with overall program strategy.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 6 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
Candidates should have demonstrated capabilities in the following areas:
- Interface directly with the electronics supplier representatives to review project status and resolve technical challenges.
- Manage engineering development, analysis, integration & test, and product assurance projects of moderate size and significant technical complexity to ensure they meet cost, quality, performance, and schedule requirements.
- Define and manage critical electrical interfaces across internal and external development teams and suppliers.
- Provide daily leadership, monitoring, and communication with suppliers & partners to ensure the design team remains integrated and aligned.
- Provide oversight of critical suppliers requiring travel to multiple sites.
- Conduct regular meetings with stakeholders to ensure that project engineering and technical milestones are being met.
- Develop program schedules and metrics and maintain both throughout the duration of a program.
- Assist Program Leadership to identify and manage project Risk and Opportunity across a multi-functional team.
- Ensure technical execution plans are coordinated between BAE Systems and customer Technical Representatives, including test and evaluation teams to achieve complementary and comprehensive results.
- Prepare and support briefings to engineering customers, internal and external, including project status, root cause & corrective action assessment, problem resolution and decision briefings.
Preferred Skills and Education
- A minimum of 5 years as a project engineer or senior development engineer.
- Experience developing guided munitions or missile integration
- Knowledge of and experience with applying electrical engineering principles and practices.
- General knowledge across multiple technical disciplines.
- Ability to make technical, persuasive presentations to customers, industry representatives, and management.
- Must have working knowledge of creating and integrating moderately complex electrical designs using CAD systems.
The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair...just to name a few. Our employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will too.
We celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Back to top