Electrical Intern (Fall 2016)
Co-op/Internship is for Sept 2016 to Dec 2016.
BAE Systems is tasked with designing and implementing new product and technology to Combat Vehicle (CV) program. As a CV Electrical Engineering Intern, responsibilities include providing support to the Integrated Product Team Lead Electrical Engineer, providing earned value management, coordination of projects, follow up on team actions, systems integration, engineering project management, and electrical engineering support in power generation and distribution, cabling, Vetronics, and C4ISR.
Primary Job functions:
1. Support the ELE IPT lead and sub-IPT leads in an administrative and project management role.
2. Managing risk registers and issues lists.
3. Support trade studies.
4. Gain hands on combat vehicle experience through installation and testing in Systems Integration Labs.
5. Complete work assignments in a thorough, consistent and punctual manner
6. Adhere to company work hours, policies, procedures, and rules governing professional staff behavior
7. Adhere to company and professional ethics governing the handling of confidential information and the observation of confidentiality
8. Maintain professional relationships with company employees, clients and customers, both internal and external
9. Keep management abreast of progress and pending problems
10. Willingness to learn and in a challenging environment and execute to stretch goals.
Required Skills and Education Required Education/Skills include:
Must be enrolled in a 4 year accredited college/university with at least 2 years completion and with a minimum of a 3.0 GPA.
Degree must be in an Electrical Engineering discipline or similar degree.
Good oral and written communication skills
Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with others
Good organizational, planning and follow-up skills
Proficient with PC and MS Office Suite
Preferred Skills and Education 1. Interested in a career at BAE Systems
2. Experience with electrical cable/harness design.
3. Experience with power electronics
4. Experience with EVMS
5. Experience with EE lab equipment (Oscilloscopes, power supplies, multi-meters, power analyzers, etc…)
6. Experience with Configuration Management
7. Experience with Trade studies About BAE Systems Platforms & Services Posting BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. With headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, this Platform and Services Group of BAE Systems employs nearly 11,000 professionals at more than 30 locations worldwide. Platform and Services is a global leader in the design, development, production, and service support of armored combat vehicles, major and minor caliber naval guns and missile launchers, canisters, artillery systems, and intelligent munitions. People are the greatest asset in any Company. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top