Electrical Hardware Design Engineer
The individual selected for this position will be a skilled “hands-on” electrical engineer with diverse technical capabilities. The individual must be a self-starter with proven development experience working with integrated military avionics/electronic hardware and related test equipment.
In support of development and production hardware, the engineer will be expected to leverage their electrical engineering expertise to perform circuit and CCA design and analysis, FPGA/CPLD designs, technical trade studies, analog/digital/mixed signal interface design, reverse engineer legacy designs, component selection, evaluation of technology insertion/upgrades, and laboratory test and troubleshooting.
With a product focus, the individual is also expected to actively partner with operations personnel to resolve technical issues that are discovered during manufacture and test of deliverable hardware. This will include evaluating and troubleshooting box and circuit card level issues, assess test faults for root cause, identify disposition/corrective actions, and evaluate test equipment performance and integrity.
The selected electrical engineer is expected to have applicable experience in the following areas:
- Digital design and troubleshooting in the area of embedded processors, microcontrollers, and VHDL based FPGAs that provide capability and functionality to a larger system
- Analog and Mixed Signal design and troubleshooting (amplifiers, A/D and D/A conversion, power supplies, instrumentation, electro-optics, etc.)
- Excellent working knowledge of common electronic circuits and components
- Demonstrated experience in Product/Factory Support of DoD military electronics/avionics equipment
- State-of-the-art electrical engineering design tools (schematic capture and simulation)
- Design and manufacturing standards associated with complex multilayer CCAs
- Strong “hands-on” laboratory skills (electronic lab/test equipment (oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, emulators, debuggers, etc.), soldering, safety procedures, etc.)
- Working experience with Interface standards including military/avionics communication buses (i.e. ARINC-429, RS-422, Mil-Std-1553, Ethernet)
- Standard backplane buses including VME, PCI, PCIE
The ideal candidate will thrive in a learning environment that encourages leadership and technical growth.
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education Required Education: Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering with 5+ years of experience OR a Master’s Degree and 3+ years of experience
- Solid electrical engineering design and analytical fundamentals
- Demonstrated experience in Product Support of DoD military electronics/avionics equipment
- Understanding of complex electronics manufacturing and test methodologies
- Experience with state-of-the-art electrical engineering development tools (preferably Cadence)
- Strong computer skills in basic MS office and technical programs
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Motivated self-starter and problem solver who is effective in a small team environment
- Eligible to obtain a DOD Security Clearance Preferred Skills and Education
- Experience with Cadence state-of-the-art electrical engineering development tools
- Familiarity with image and signal processing
- Life cycle engineering support related to diminishing manufacturing sources and material shortages (DMSMS)
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a global defense, aerospace and security company with more than 80,000 employees worldwide, delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Our Electronic Systems sector, headquartered in Nashua, N.H., has operations spanning commercial and defense electronics markets and offers a broad portfolio of mission critical electronic systems from flight and engine controls to electronic warfare and night vision systems, surveillance and reconnaissance sensors, secure networked communications equipment, and power and energy management systems. People are the greatest asset in any company. BAE Systems is committed to a high performance culture and provides an environment where the work we do matters and where people are challenged to reach their full potential. Equal Opportunity Employer. Females. Minorities. Veterans. Disabled
Back to top