Electrical Hardware Design Engineer
BAE Systems is seeking a lead Electrical Hardware Design Engineer. The individual selected for this position will be a proven leader with diverse technical capabilities and demonstrated "hands-on" electrical engineering expertise. The individual will contribute to the design, development, integration/test, and production of dynamic IR based electro-optic military systems. The engineer will work with a multi-discipline team to develop complex products including lasers, receivers, sensors, as well as multi-axis beam directors. The individual must be a self-starter with development experience working with integrated military avionics/electronic hardware and supporting test equipment.
The selected candidate will be expected to lead electrical/hardware engineering teams through all phases of the product life cycle from conceptual development and detail design through qualification, manufacturing transition and production support. The engineer will be responsible for developing robust hardware architectures and solutions to meet demanding customer requirements, and will leverage their electrical engineering expertise to lead and/or perform circuit and CCA design and analysis, FPGA/CPLD designs/developments (Xilinx, Lattice), technical trade studies, analog/digital/mixed signal interface design, reverse engineering of legacy designs, component selection, evaluation of technology insertion/upgrades, as well as laboratory test and troubleshooting. Day to day, activities may range from planning work products and managing subcontract developments to supporting product builds & integration efforts.
With a product focus, the individual is also expected to actively partner with operations personnel to develop solutions that adhere to UPC, DFT, and DFM requirements. Additionally, the engineer will support resolution of technical issues that are discovered during manufacture and test of deliverable hardware. This will include evaluating and troubleshooting LRU and circuit card level issues, assess test faults for root cause, identify disposition/corrective actions, and evaluate test equipment performance and integrity.
The ideal candidate will thrive in a learning environment that encourages leadership and technical growth.
Typical Education & Experience
Bachelor's Degree and 12 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Required Education: Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering with 10+ years of experience OR a Master's Degree and 8+ years of experience
- 5+ years of experience with laser, IR, and other detection and imaging technologies
- Established digital hardware architect for complex military/avionic equipment
- Demonstrated experience in Product development and support of DoD military electronics/avionics equipment
- Solid fundamentals of digital/analog/mixed signal electronics and interface/communication standards
- Working experience with lasers, receivers, sensors/cameras, and/or related IR technologies
- Understanding of complex electronics manufacturing and test methodologies
- Experience with state-of-the-art electrical engineering development tools
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities in team environment with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Motivated self-starter and problem solver with proven experience in leading and supporting diverse multi-disciplinary teams
- Eligible to obtain a DOD Security Clearance
- Current "hands-on" experience with Cadence electrical engineering development tools
- Experience with XILINX & Lattice FPGA developments and toolsets.
- Familiarity with JTAG protocol
- Control account management experience
- MATLAB/Simulink tool experience
- Familiarity with image and signal processing algorithms
- Life cycle engineering support related to diminishing manufacturing sources and material shortages (DMSMS)
- Active Secret or higher clearance desired.
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top