Electrical Floor Support Engineer (Weekend Shift)
The BAE Systems site in York, Pennsylvania supporting Combat Vehicles is seeking an Electrical Floor Support Engineer for Weekend Shift (Fri-Sun 5AM-5:30PM). In this role, the Engineer researches, plans, designs, develops, modifies, and evaluates electronic and electrical systems. Evaluates vendor capabilities, technologies, services and ability to deliver required products or services. Recommends design approaches for new or improved products and processes. Provides engineering consultation to other technical groups. Conducts and supports subsystem and system integration and verification activities, manufacturing and test planning, and failure analysis. Ensures technical outcomes are consistent with established engineering principles and practices and that customer and company technical, system, performance, and quality requirements are met.
- Receives directions and instructions in the form of assignment objectives, alternative approaches and solutions from supervisor or senior engineering personnel.
- Contributes to troubleshooting issues on the manufacturing floor and determines root causes of failures recommending changes in designs, tolerances, or processing methods.
- Applies basic knowledge of the design of organization's products and technology to solve moderately complex and clearly defined engineering problems.
- Performs electrical engineering work which is specific in nature and requires knowledge and application of basic engineering principles, theories and concepts to complete assignments under direct technical supervision.
- Conceptualizes, creates, and analyzes designs to ensure engineering projects meet technical, cost, quality, and performance requirements.
- Develops and writes technical documentation, makes revisions to existing documentation, and provides input to technical papers or presentations.
- May deliver technical presentations.
- Initiates and maintains external contacts with key experts and officials of other companies, national labs, academic institutions, and government agencies.
- Performs electrical and/or electronic repairs using approved methods.
- Prepares, presents, and defends project technical results and recommendations to customers. Participates in formal technical reviews.
- Acquires familiarization with the project, engineering or research effort and company engineering practices and standards.
- Begins to develop areas of specialization and maintain up-to-date knowledge of relevant engineering discipline(s), industry practices, trends, and applications. Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, participating in professional societies.
- Maintains a safe work environment and ensures compliance with safety objectives and policies.
Typical Education & Experience
Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering Technology, Electrical Engineering, or similar discipline and/or overall equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Possesses the fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of Electrical Engineering;
- Working knowledge of electrical engineering tools;
- Manufacturing experience ideal as this position is hands-on and actively supports on the floor;
- Familiarity with current computer applications and technologies in applicable engineering disciplines;
- Ability to prepare written technical reports, papers, and presentations;
- Capable of delivering reports, papers, and presentations verbally to customers, industry leaders, and senior management;
- Experience using lab test equipment (oscilloscopes, power analyzers, CAN, DAC/ADC converters) for test and verification is a must;
- The candidate must have the ability to access and move about a large military vehicle during integration and test activities;
- Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with customers to solve moderately complex technical problems;
- Able to support occasional travel (up to 10%).
- Familiarity with relevant military and commercial design standards highly beneficial;
- Experience working with electrical/electronic systems of military ground vehicles a plus;
- Working knowledge of military electrical connector and electrical cabling specifications beneficial;
- Versed in SAEJ1939 CANBus, 10/100 and Gigabit Ethernet Protocols helpful;
- Experience with the integration of military communication/antenna systems including BFT, SINCGARS, DAGR, CREW2.
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. With headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, this Platform and Services Group of BAE Systems employs nearly 11,000 professionals at more than 30 locations worldwide. Platform and Services is a global leader in the design, development, production, and service support of armored combat vehicles, major and minor caliber naval guns and missile launchers, canisters, artillery systems, and intelligent munitions. People are the greatest asset in any Company. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Arun P.Program Engineering Manager
Arun oversees the technical and operational aspects of engine control system projects for the company’s commercial airline clients around the world.
Back to top