Electrical Engineering Technician
BAE Systems is seeking a "hands-on" electrical engineering technician to work in a dynamic engineering lab and manufacturing environment. The selected candidate, working in small teams, will acquire product knowledge and advance their technical skills while assigned responsibilities to contribute to internal research and development efforts, product development on DOD projects, and sustainment efforts associated with production and fielded products.
This role, while under the guidance of a lead engineer or working independently, will support and perform "hands-on" fabrication, assembly, and test of electro-mechanical devices, assemblies, and systems associated with prototype and production hardware. The duties will be performed in an engineering lab environment, production facility, or field test locations. The technician will develop proficiency in our state-of-the-art equipment, manufacturing and test techniques, and executing in a small team environment.
The ideal candidate will thrive in a learning environment that encourages technical growth. The selected candidate will have the opportunity to be exposed to a variety of projects, products, and growth opportunities as part of an engineering lab team.
Specific responsibilities include the following:
1. Build prototype or deliverable equipment, lay out and assemble components and circuitry, and modify equipment in accordance with engineering drawings, sketches, schematics, technical manuals, and verbal instructions.
2. Troubleshoot, debug and perform routine measurements on electronic circuit card assemblies, subsystems and/or systems using common lab equipment and special test equipment.
3. Install components and parts on chassis, circuit boards, panels, vehicles, and other equipment using power tools, hand tools, and approved soldering techniques.
4. Set up standard test/measurement apparatus and conduct tests, inspections, and demonstrations of experimental, prototype, and deliverable hardware. Record test data following defined methods and presents data in prescribed form.
5. Support alignment, adjustment, calibration, and repair of electronic and mechanical equipment.
6. Review and extract technical data from various prescribed sources and prepares data as required.
7. Position requires employee to exert frequent physical energy, climb ladders, lifts and carry heavy objects, and is occasionally exposed to disagreeable conditions. Employee may be required to work extended hours or weekends and travel overnight or on weekends.
8. Manage and maintain an organized, clean, and safe work area.
Required Skills and Education
Associate's Degree in Engineering Technology, or formal electronics training from a Class A or B military school in electronics or communications with a minimum 3.0 GPA, or equivalent experience AND 2 years of applicable experience
Sound understanding of electronics and electrical circuit fundamentals
"Hands-On" assembly and troubleshooting experience with electronic hardware at the circuit card and product level
Experience with common electronic lab equipment (multi-meters, oscilloscopes, power supplies, etc.)
Familiarity with manufacturing and soldering techniques and standards
Strong written and verbal communication skills
Computer skills in MS Windows and Office Products (Word, Excel, Power Point)
Eligible to obtain a DOD Security Clearance
Preferred Skills and Education
Experience working with DOD equipment in a laboratory, testing, manufacturing and/or maintenance environment
Prior military experience
Familiarity with IPC Standards and J-STD-001 Certified
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top