Electrical Engineering Internship/Co-op (July - Dec 2018)
The Electronic Systems' Hardware Engineering Department is seeking candidates interested in extended electrical engineering internships (approximately July through December 2018) supporting all aspects of the engineering development and manufacturing lifecycle. At BAE Systems, we deliver a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services.
Opportunities exist supporting a variety of efforts in engineering development, integration, test and transition to production efforts on complex electronic systems.
Roles and Responsibilities may include:
• Provide engineering support to the design, development and selection of basic hardware components utilizing fundamental electrical engineering principles, theories and techniques.
• Obtain working knowledge of company tools. Perform analyses and compile data for investigation by senior engineering personnel.
• Support the fabrication and testing of prototype or deliverable hardware. Document and present results.
• Support assemblers, technicians and inspectors for manufacturing issues on new and existing products.
• Develop or improve test fixtures, tooling, manufacturing processes and other procedures for new and existing product builds to reduce defects and improve yields.
• Participate in and document corrective action requests using 9 Step problem solving methodology.
• Other duties and responsibilities as required.
Internships at BAE Systems feature additional opportunities including:
• Networking with BAE Systems employees and interns.
• Participation in a summer-long non-technical intern project, in addition to engineering assignment.
• Informational sessions on a variety of topics exclusively for interns.
Required Skills and Education
• Pursuing a BS Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering (or equivalent)
• Minimum 3.0 GPA
• Eligible for DOD Security Clearance
Preferred Skills and Education
- Ability to research and apply electrical engineering principles and theories to solve electrical engineering problems
- Motivated self-starter with leadership skills and ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Excellent problem solving skills, judgment, and analytical capability
- Ability to close on discrete tasking in a timely manner
- Strong technical writing and verbal communication skills
- Experience in VHDL, Verilog, System Verilog, Cadence, HFSS, MATLAB or LabVIEW is a plus
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top