Electrical Engineering Intern Summer 2020
Co-op/Internship is for May 2020 to August 2020
This job is posted for full-time, but open for qualified candidates locally for a part-time assignment.
BAE Systems is tasked with designing and implementing new product and technology to Combat Vehicle (CV) program. As a CV Electrical Engineering Intern, responsibilities include providing support to the Integrated Product Team Lead Electrical Engineer, providing earned value management, coordination of projects, follow up on team actions, systems integration, engineering project management, program engineering support and electrical engineering support in power generation and distribution, cabling, Vetronics, and C4ISR.
Primary Job functions:
1. Support the ELE IPT lead and sub-IPT leads in an administrative and project management role.
2. Managing risk registers and issues lists.
3. Support trade studies.
4. Gain hands on combat vehicle experience through installation and testing in Systems Integration Labs.
5. Complete work assignments in a thorough, consistent and punctual manner.
6. Adhere to company work hours, policies, procedures, and rules governing professional staff behavior.
7. Adhere to company and professional ethics governing the handling of confidential information and the observation of confidentiality.
8. Maintain professional relationships with company employees, clients and customers, both internal and external.
9. Keep management abreast of progress and pending problems.
10. Willingness to learn and in a challenging environment and execute to stretch goals.
Required Skills and Education
- Currently enrolled in an accredited college/university pursuing a degree in Electrical Engineering, or related field
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with others
- Good organizational, planning and follow-up skills
- Proficient with PC and MS Office Suite
- Completed a minimum of one year of college with a 3.0/4.0 GPA or equivalent academic record. Lower GPA considered if coupled with relevant experience.
- Interested in a career at BAE Systems
- Experience with electrical cable/harness design.
- Experience with power electronics
- Experience with EVMS
- Experience with EE lab equipment (Oscilloscopes, power supplies, multi-meters, power analyzers, etc...)
- Experience with Configuration Management
- Experience with Trade studies
- Interests in program / project engineering management
- Interests in working with multidisciplinary team
The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair...just to name a few. Our employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will too.
We celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Arun P.Program Engineering Manager
Arun oversees the technical and operational aspects of engine control system projects for the company’s commercial airline clients around the world.
Back to top