Electrical Engineering Intern Summer 2019
BAE Systems in Minneapolis MN is seeking a summer intern pursuing a career in the field of electrical engineering who wishes to gain hands-on experience to complement their technical course work. The qualified candidate will have the opportunity to assist in the design and development of electrical/electronic systems used in defense related applications
Tasks may include electrical design, fabrication, integration, and test. The intern will work within a team environment, but under the guidance of a mentor to learn about engineering principles and technical development specific to BAE Systems.
This is a paid internship and is for approximately a 3 month period (without relocation offered). U.S. Citizenship required.
Required Skills and Education
- Enrolled in an accredited 4-year engineering/technical degree program (Computer Science, Physics, or Electrical Engineering).
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Basic understanding of and skills in electronics and electrical engineering, circuit and power analysis.
- Familiarity with MS Office applications: Outlook, Word, Excel
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Must carry a minimum, senior standing (completion of junior year, 80+ credits).
- Pursuing a degree in Electrical Engineering
- Exposure to high voltage AC and DC systems
- Familiarity with test equipment: Network Analyzer, Spectrum Analyzer, Oscilloscope, Waveform Generator, Power Supply
- Exposure to Computer Languages: C. C++, VHDL
- Experience with Simulation Tools: PSpice, Advance Design Simulation (ADS), MATLAB/Simulink
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. With headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, this Platform and Services Group of BAE Systems employs nearly 11,000 professionals at more than 30 locations worldwide. Platform and Services is a global leader in the design, development, production, and service support of armored combat vehicles, major and minor caliber naval guns and missile launchers, canisters, artillery systems, and intelligent munitions. People are the greatest asset in any Company. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top