Electrical Engineering CO-OP
The Electronic Systems' Hardware Engineering Department is seeking candidates interested in extended electrical engineering internships (approximately July through December 2019) supporting all aspects of the engineering development and manufacturing lifecycle. At BAE Systems, we deliver a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services.
Opportunities exist supporting a variety of efforts in engineering development, integration, test and transition to production efforts on complex electronic systems.
Roles and Responsibilities may include:
- Provide engineering support to the design, development and selection of basic hardware components utilizing fundamental electrical engineering principles, theories and techniques.
- Obtain working knowledge of company tools. Perform analyses and compile data for investigation by senior engineering personnel.
- Support the fabrication and testing of prototype or deliverable hardware. Document and present results.
- Support assemblers, technicians and inspectors for manufacturing issues on new and existing products.
- Develop or improve test fixtures, tooling, manufacturing processes and other procedures for new and existing product builds to reduce defects and improve yields.
- Participate in and document corrective action requests using 9 Step problem solving methodology.
- Other duties and responsibilities as required.
Internships at BAE Systems feature additional opportunities including:
- Networking with BAE Systems employees and interns.
- Participation in a summer-long non-technical intern project, in addition to engineering assignment.
- Informational sessions on a variety of topics exclusively for interns.
Preferred Skills and Education
Ability to research and apply electrical engineering principles and theories to solve electrical engineering problems
- Motivated self-starter with leadership skills and ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Excellent problem solving skills, judgment, and analytical capability
- Ability to close on discrete tasking in a timely manner
- Strong technical writing and verbal communication skills
Preferred Skills and Education
Required Skills and Education
Pursuing a BS Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering (or equivalent) having completed two years of schooling (Class of 2021) by Summer 2019.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Eligible for DOD Security Clearance
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve.
Back to top