Electrical Engineer- RF Circuit Design
BAE Systems is looking for an Electrical Engineer specializing in RF circuit design, with interest in designing integrated circuits (ICs).
See what you're missing. Our employees work on the world's most advanced electronics - from detecting threats for F-35
pilots to illuminating the night for soldiers. Spanning air, land, sea, and space, we are developing the technology of
tomorrow, delivered today. Drawing strength from our differences, we're innovating for the future. And you can, too.
Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put
our customers first - exemplified by our mission: "We Protect Those Who Protect Us®." Sound like a team you want to be
a part of? Come build your career with BAE Systems.
A strong background in RF circuit analysis and testing is required, including network analysis, dynamic range, noise figure, phase noise, compression, and harmonic distortion. A solid working knowledge of programming related to chip design and test is also required (Cadence Virtuoso, Allegro, ADS, HFSS, Matlab, VHDL).
Qualified candidates will be knowledgeable in:
- RF, analog, and Mixed-Signal Integrated Circuit design.
- Typical circuits include Direct Digital Synthesizers (DDS) and Phase-locked Loops (PLLs), custom high-speed (> 1 GHz) digital blocks (in CMOS, CML, and ECL), ADCs, DACs, RF converters, op-amps, voltage regulators, LNAs, PAs.
- Other circuits include RTL/ standard-cell based digital control and signal processing circuits designed in CMOS, BiCMOS, and/or compound semiconductors.
- Typical circuit speeds vary from 10MHz digital to >20GHz (both analog and digital).
The designer is expected to take their circuits through all phases of design, simulation, layout, verification, and test. The candidate must have good people skills and be able to work with limited supervision as part of a team or in a lead role. The ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment in technical areas is also important.
BAE Systems offers competitive pay, benefits, and important work-life balance initiatives including every other Friday Off, Flextime, and Telecommuting. BAE also believes in a culture of recognition for the extraordinary contributions of our skilled employees.
Typical Education & Experience
Required Skills and Education
Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship status
- BSEE or BSCE required, with mixed-signal, analog, RF/Microwave, and/or VLSI concentration.
- Matlab experience
- Proficiency with one or multiple CAD tools: Cadence Virtuoso and Assura; Agilent ADS and Dynamic Link; Synopsis;
- Experience with IC and/or PCB design from simulation through layout and physical verification
- Testing experience with Analog, RF, Microwave, and/or digital circuits
- Strong written and oral communication skills (including Microsoft Office)
- Familiarity with Linux shell environment.
- Proficiency with one or more programing languages.
- Coursework in Microelectronics, Systems & Controls, Semiconductors, Analog Design, Digital Design, RF & Microwave Design
- Automated testing (Matlab, GPIB, Labview etc...)
- Matlab programing and scripting
- Prior internship/work experience related to analog, RF, mixed-signal, or microwave circuit design
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve.
Back to top