Electrical Engineer II
See what you're missing. Our employees work on the world's most advanced electronics - from detecting threats for F-35 pilots to illuminating the night for soldiers. Spanning air, land, sea, and space, we are developing the technology of tomorrow, delivered today. Drawing strength from our differences, we're innovating for the future. And you can, too. Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first - exemplified by our mission: "We Protect Those Who Protect Us®." Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with BAE Systems.
BAE Systems is seeking a Digital Design Engineer for FPGA design and Verification!
At BAE Systems, we deliver a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. If you are an individual that enjoys a cohesive team environment and is interested in a variety of challenges across a variety of products, then we are interested in hearing from you!
Electronic Combat Solutions Hardware Engineering Group is looking for a Digital Design Engineer to support FPGA designs and verification through all phases of development.
The ideal candidate is expected to have prior exposer to FPGA design and/or verification and is seeking to grow these skills on challenging projects under the guidance of senior experts in this area.
Activities include assisting in requirements generation and design architecture, as well as ownership of RTL coding, synthesis, basic test bench development, test generation, lab testing, and product support.
There are multiple growth paths for the individual, technically or otherwise - Technical Lead on future programs, Cost Account Manager, or Functional Manager.
The position requires a U.S. person with the ability to obtain a minimum of Secret Clearance.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Current Security Clearance (Secret), or eligible to obtain one
- 2+ years of relevant experience with bachelor's degree (less with an advanced degree)
- Exposure to FPGA or ASIC Design / Development / or Verification, which may have been gained as such:
- Through direct experience on FPGAs
- Circuit board design an/or bring up that used FPGAs
- Circuit board / module / or system testing on designs with FPGAs
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Self-starter and a good team player
- Ability to mentor and willingness to be mentored
- Strong debug and problem solving skills
- Willingness for lab testing
- University coursework involving and utilizing FPGAs
- VHDL (preferred) or Verilog HDL coding
- SystemVerilog and/or UVM knowledge
- Experience with digital design tools and simulators
- Perl / Tcl / and/or Python knowledge would be useful
- Basic knowledge of C/C++ or other object oriented language
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top