Electrical Engineer I
The BAE Systems site in York, Pennsylvania supporting Combat Vehicles is seeking entry level Electrical Engineers. In the Electrical Engineer role, the engineer will be tasked to:
- Research, plan, develop, design, modify, and evaluate electrical components and systems.
- Utilize advanced modeling and analysis tools to develop product specifications, models, simulations, technical data packages, and integration and verification procedures.
- Evaluate vendor capabilities, technologies, services and ability to deliver required products or services.
- Recommend design approaches for new or improved products and processes.
- Provide engineering consultation to other technical groups.
- Conduct and support subsystem and system integration and verification activities, manufacturing and test planning, and failure analysis.
- Ensure technical outcomes are consistent with established engineering principles and practices and that customer and company technical, system, performance, and quality requirements are met.
Typically a Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, or the overall equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Able to apply and perform basic engineering design, development, analytical theory, experimentation, test, principles, techniques, and practices to a limited portion of a technical project;
- Capable of developing and writing technical documentation, making revisions to existing documentation, and providing input to technical papers or presentations;
- Able to perform basic technical analysis, testing, calculations, and evaluation of results using specialized equipment and/or computer programs;
- Able to analyze and interpret design specifications, drawings, documentation, models, and/or test results to ensure technical designs comply with applicable engineering standards, military specifications and product requirements;
- Capable in developing and maintaining effective relationships with customers to solve technical problems and implement solutions of a limited complexity;
- Familiarity with current computer applications and technologies in applicable engineering disciplines. In particular, must be MS Suite literate including Visio;
- Dedicated to acquiring and maintaining up-to-date knowledge of relevant engineering discipline, industry practices, trends, and applications.
- Familiarity with MATLAB or LabVIEW a plus!
- Experience in a military / DOD manufacturing environment beneficial.
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Platforms & Services designs, develops, produces, supports, maintains, modernizes and upgrades armored combat vehicles, wheeled vehicles, naval guns, surface ship combatants, commercial vessels, missile launchers, artillery systems, military ordnance, and protective wear and armor. Equal Opportunity Employer: Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top