This position is for an Electronic Security Systems (ESS) Design Engineer whom will be supporting design, verification, installation, test, and commissioning of integrated security systems. These systems will consist of various types of Access Control and Intrusion Detection (ACS/IDS), Closed Circuit Television (CCTV), Perimeter Intrusion Detection Systems (PIDS), Mass Notification, Ground Based Radars, and Network Monitoring. The successful candidate shall have a bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent, with a minimum of 3 years' experience in all aspects of security design and implementation, with preferred hands on experience.
Please be sure to address all requirements of posted requisition in resume. Only resumes that include all requirements will be considered.
There is no monetary relocation assistance budgeted for this position. Candidates must currently reside within commuting distance or clearly state willingness to relocate self to area.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
Primary Responsibilities: (Responsibilities which occupy a major portion of time and importance in the job. Incumbent performs most or all of the following):
• Interfaces with and maintains a positive working relationship with the Project Manager, Program Manager, and senior personnel
• Develops and/or participates in development of design, installation and testing documentation for systems within the Electronic Security Program Line, ensuring compliance with Customer Guidelines and requirements, relevant Department of Defense (DoD) Standards, Specifications, and Publications, ISO 9000, and Commercial Publications.
• Develops Performance Verification Test/System Verification and Operational Verification Test (PVT/SOVT) plans.
• Perform or support Site surveys and develops site survey reports
• Develop plan, support lab set up and lead or support Pre-Installation Test and Checkout (PITCO) of the equipment prior to deployment
• Support Information Assurance (IA) and Certification and Accreditation (C&A) of servers/networks and platforms
• Be able to calculate power loss, and conduit and wiring sizes
• Support field installation and troubleshooting
• Develop/support development of compliance matrices
• Support proposal efforts with identifying equipment/material requirements, research product manufacturers, develop Bill of Materials required, and provide technical write-ups in support of proposal development
• Evaluates product manufacturers and support selection of best solution to meet customer requirements
• Participates in peer reviews of drawings and other engineering documentation
• Supports the Project Manager with reporting requirements, contract initiatives and deliverable tracking
• Identifies and participates in enterprise wide process improvement initiatives
• Identifies technical risks and recommends mitigation to the Project Manager
• Participates in applicable program, project and business reviews as required by the customer and the ESS portfolio
• Performs other duties as assigned by the Project Manager or senior engineering personnel.
• Executes all assigned responsibilities in conformance with federal, state and local governmental regulations, consistent with company standards of ethics, quality and safety, and aligned with the Operational Framework
• Duties may involve up to 25% travel
Bachelor of Science (BS) degree in Electrical, Electronic, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Management Information Systems from an accredited College or University.
Preferred Skills and Education
• Must be a U.S. Citizen
• Three (3) years of direct work experience with ESS (CCTV, ACS/IDS, PIDS, etc.) and infrastructure design and documentation development, including panel layout and enclosure design, schematics, electronic circuits, and installation
• Must have in depth knowledge and experience using the National Electric Code (NEC), NFPA 101, ICD 705, and other applicable industry standards
• Strong oral and written communication and presentation skills and interpersonal relationships
• Experience with Government drawing standards and practices with respect to ESS, including the SPAWAR Shore Installation Handbook
• Experience of substantial contribution for two complex ESS projects within the last two years
Preferred Skills, Experience, and Certifications
• One (1) year experience with system analysis, developing system architectures, and test and evaluation
• Current major ESS product manufacturers, preferably ACS/IDS and CCTV
• Experience with Local/Wide Area Network design and configuration
• Experience with CISCO switches
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top