BAE Systems is looking for an Electrical Engineer to support circuit card test and troubleshooting in Manufacturing Factories.
Require a minimum of two years' experience in isolating and resolving product related issues in both hardware and process related problems. This includes troubleshooting complex densely populated digital, analog and RF circuitry to the component level.
Successful performance will require driving manufacturing and product improvements, production problem resolutions and integrating solutions into a lean manufacturing environment.
The tasks also include validating test measurement accuracy, characterizing the performance of the unit under test, conduct data analysis and generate documents.
The individual will develop and train test technicians on failure analysis techniques.
The individual must be able to provide direction to test technicians.
The individual will work in both office spaces and production environment supporting the factory.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Hands-on troubleshooting of complex digital, analog and RF circuits
- Experience troubleshooting faults in microprocessors, FPGAs, CPLDs and RAM/Flash interfaces.
- Understand functionality and troubleshoot RF mixers, filters, oscillators
- Ability to read and understand circuit schematics and drawings
- Familiarity with IC programming tools for Altera, Xilinx, Lattice, TI and boundary scan (JTAG, Gopel)
- Knowledge of electronic test and manufacturing techniques
- Strong problem solving skills
- Highly motivated with strong oral and written communications skills
- Must be capable of conforming to a structured problem solving approach with the ability to participate in design reviews within a multidiscipline team.
- Demonstrated time management, task tracking, organizational skills, and ability to read, understand, and follow requirements.
- Familiar with the control of hardware through software interfaces (automated test sequence)
- Familiarity with RF and digital instrumentations (i.e. logic analyzers, network analyzers, spectrum analyzers and signal sources)
- Test fixture design competencies
- Advanced computer skills including MS-Office applications
- Familiarity with functional test procedure development and maintenance
- Experience in conducting design of experiments
Must be eligible for a DOD security clearance.
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top