BAE Systems is looking for a Mixed Signal IC Design Engineer for our Merrimack, New Hampshire Technology Solutions RFSOC group.
At BAE Systems, we deliver a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. If you are an individual that enjoys a cohesive team environment and is interested in a variety of challenges across a variety of products, then we are interested in hearing from you!
Qualified candidates will be experienced in:
- RF, analog, and Mixed-Signal Integrated Circuit design.
- Proficiently experienced to fully handle chip design and lead a team of designers.
- Digital VLSI experience is a strong plus.
- Typical circuits include Direct Digital Synthesizers (DDS) and Phaselock Loops (PLLs), custom high-speed (> 1 GHz) digital blocks (in CMOS, CML, and ECL), DACs, RF converters, op-amps, voltage regulators, LNAs, PAs, ADCs.
- Other circuits include RTL/ standard-cell based digital control and signal processing circuits designed in CMOS, BiCMOS, and/or compound semiconductors.
- Typical circuit speeds vary from 10MHz digital to >20GHz (both analog and digital).
Candidate must have a good intuitive and mathematical understanding of transistor-level circuit design, and should understand layout issues that drive analog/RF performance. The designer is expected to take his/her circuits through all phases of design, simulation, layout, verification, and test.
The candidate must be able to identify and evaluate alternative circuit topologies (including novel ones), analyze design trade-offs, and present the results in a clear and concise way. This includes working with the IC CAD tools to optimize the design and layout while simulating/verifying the circuit.
The candidate must have good leadership skills and people skills and be able to work with limited supervision as part of a team or lead the team. The ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment in technical areas is also crucial.
Typical Education & Experience
Bachelor's Degree and 15 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- BSEE required, with mixed-signal, analog, RF/Microwave, and/or VLSI concentration.
- Proficiency with CAD tools: Cadence Virtuoso and Assura; Agilent ADS and Dynamic Link; Synopsis: Matlab
- High level of experience with IC design from simulation through layout and physical verification
- Leadership skills and full design, sim and test cycle experience
- Testing experience with Analog, RF, Microwave, and/or digital circuits
- Strong written and oral communication skills (including Microsoft Office)
- Familiarity with Linux shell environment
- MSEE or PhD desired
- Multiple yrs experience in RFIC/mixed-signal/VLSI IC development
- mmWave design
- Automated testing (Matlab, GPIB, Labview etc...)
- Linux scripting to automate design tasks
- Verilog-A, Verilog, Verilog-AMS, and/or VHDL
- Cadence Encounter or Synopsis a plus
- Digital Signal Processing a plus
- RF and mixed-signal packaging a plus
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 100,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
Electronic Solutions, based in Nashua, New Hampshire, provides systems and products that maximize the effectiveness and safety of fighting forces and first responders. Its offerings include infrared countermeasures and electronic protection systems for military and civilian aircraft; information management systems; signal acquisition, analysis, and exploitation systems that optimize use of the electromagnetic spectrum by friendly forces while denying its use by adversaries; interoperable communications systems for firefighters and other first responders; thermal weapon sights; precision targeting systems; situational awareness systems for ground vehicles; night-vision systems; identification friend or foe systems; and radiation-hardened electronics. Electronic Solutions also includes the group's Technology Solutions unit, which joins the business with government research organizations and industry to develop and demonstrate innovative system concepts in such areas as situational awareness, communications and networking, and precision targeting.
People are the greatest asset in any Company ...
BAE Systems is committed to a high performance culture and provides an environment that challenges our employees to be remarkable and obtain their full potential.
Equal Opportunity Employer. Females. Minorities. Veterans. Disabled
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top