BAE Systems is looking for an Electrical Engineer to support manufacturing test of RF modules and circuit cards.
Require a minimum of two years' experience in isolating and resolving product related issues in both hardware and process related problems. This includes troubleshooting complex densely populated RF circuitry, analog and digital circuitry to the component level.
Additionally, the job will require the individual to work with Design and Process engineering to drive manufacturing product improvements, resolve production test problems, and integrate solutions into a lean manufacturing environment.
The tasks also include working with Test Engineering to validate test measurement accuracy, characterizing the performance of the unit under test, conduct data analysis and generate documents.
The individual will develop and train test technicians on RF measurement techniques.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Experience troubleshooting faults in RF synthesizers, receivers, and exciters circuits. Must also be able to perform basic troubleshoot of microprocessors, FPGAs, CPLDs used to control RF circuits.
- Understand functionality and troubleshoot RF mixers, filters, oscillators
- Ability to read and understand circuit schematics and drawings.
- Ability to use RF test instruments. (i.e. network analyzers, spectrum analyzers and signal sources)
- Familiarity with IC programming tools for Altera, Xilinx, Lattice.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Highly motivated with strong oral and written communications skills
- Must be capable of conforming to a structured problem solving approach with the ability to participate in design reviews within a multidiscipline team.
- Demonstrated time management, task tracking, organizational skills, and ability to read, understand, and follow requirements.
- Familiar with the control of hardware through software interfaces (automated test sequence)
- Computer skills including MS-Office applications.
- Familiarity with functional test procedure development and maintenance.
Must be eligible for a DOD security clearance.
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top