Elec Tech 1
The Electronic Combat Solutions (ECS) business area is seeking engineering electronics technicians to work in a dynamic engineering lab and/or operations environment. Depending on experience and skillset, opportunities exist to support complex analog/digital circuit board testing, RF microwave testing, test equipment fabrication and/or associated tasks. Must have some formal education in electronics technology or related work experience testing and debugging electronic assemblies.
Works from engineering design drawings, diagrams, schematics and/or verbal and written instructions to build electrical units, systems and subsystems. Provides support to higher level technicians or engineers, working in a research or design/development environment. Receives detailed instructions and equipment requirements from engineering personnel.
Specific responsibilities may include:
1. Works from specific drawings, sketches, schematics and explicit verbal instructions to compile parts lists, generate engineering schematics and construct electrical engineering breadboards and prototype models.
2. Utilizes equipment which does not require interpretation including, but not limited to, computer aided tools, volt meter, multimeter, circuit tester and logic analyzer to troubleshoot, debug and perform routine measurements on electronic assemblies, subsystems and/or systems.
3. Uses standard test equipment and follows prescribed test procedures to perform circuit continuity and current and voltage checks. Tests for proper equipment operations and repairs or replaces defective parts and components as required.
4. Extracts technical data from various prescribed sources and prepares such data as required.
5. May service, repair or calibrate simple electronic instruments and equipment.
6. Sets up and operates standard tests on experimental equipment. Records test data following well defined methods and presents such data in prescribed form.
7. Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Human Resources Manager
Melissa advises BAE Systems on the full HR spectrum. She brings in new talent, prepares team members for success, pops in on payroll and benefits, and shapes the company’s culture.
Back to top