EDIS Systems Engineer
- Albuquerque, NM
BAE Systems is seeking a Systems Engineer for the United States Space Force (USSF) Engineering, Development, Integration, and Sustainment (EDIS) program. This position will support the Space and Missile Systems Center Innovation and Prototyping Directorate (SMC/DCIO) to develop, deploy, modernize, and expand the EDIS program and its customers. The position is located in Albuquerque, NM.
Leverage multi-disciplinary technical knowledge to support technical planning, system specification, design, integration, verification and validation
- Ensure mission process adaptability, system availability, and baseline management of satellite support ground system architecture throughout multiple mission types and multiple security classification levels to integrate cyber defense and emerging requirements
- Perform studies and analyses to evaluate alternatives affecting cost, risk, system supportability and full life cycle issues (concept, design, test, installation, operations, maintenance, and decommission)
- Ensure the logical and systematic conversion of system requirements into strategic solutions and acknowledges technical, schedule, and cost constraints
- Perform trade studies and advise the Government customer by providing systems engineering expertise, deriving requirements, strategic investment strategies, service level management oversight, and other engineering modalities
- Analyze requirements for new/changed IT Service (Service Design) including a Service Level Requirement, Project Requirement or the required Deliverables for a Process
- Investigate/track adverse trends or problems
- Coordinate with configuration management to ensure system configurations are updated and documented as required
A sign-on or relocation bonus may be available for this position.
Required Skills and Education
- Must possess an active Top Secret security clearance with eligibility to obtain and maintain TS/SCI
- Strong background in Microsoft Office Product Suites: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project, Visio
- Good understanding of discipline process; information and data management, configuration control
- Record of success in contributing to the completion of programs and projects; ability to obtain results and make key recommendations
- Ability to provide high level summary of results and draw conclusions based on interpretation of data
- Bachelor degree plus five years' experience
- Advanced degree (Master's) in science and technology related disciplines such as Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Systems Engineering, and Computer Engineering
- Seasoned communicator with demonstrated success in leadership, followership, and working with contract representatives and government sponsors
- Prior experience supporting USSF (AFSPC) satellite operations or space missions
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top