EDIS Hardware Engineer
- Albuquerque, NM
BAE Systems is seeking a Hardware Engineer for the United States Space Force (USSF) Engineering, Development, Integration, and Sustainment (EDIS) program. This position will support the Space and Missile Systems Center Innovation and Prototyping Directorate (SMC/DCIO) to develop, deploy, modernize, and expand the EDIS program and its customers. The position is located in Albuquerque, NM.
Ensures mission process adaptability, system availability, and baseline management of satellite support ground system architecture throughout multiple mission types and multiple security classification levels
- Conducts replacement, installation, repair and testing of information processing hardware such as computer circuit boards, computer network systems, cabling, and electrical components.
- Designs new or modifies existing products, develops technical specifications for production, analyzes hardware configuration and processing solutions, and tests hardware conformance to specifications.
- Applies technical standards, theories and processes to support daily satellite ground support center network operations.
- Coordinates frequently with security, configuration management, and logistics for government furnished property management to procure, install, maintain, and properly dispose of network hardware equipment chassis, racks, etc.
- Manages a wide variety of hardware engineering-related tasks and activities to contribute to the overall success of the team.
Required Skills and Education
- Must possess an active Top Secret security clearance with eligibility to obtain and maintain TS/SCI
- Good understanding of discipline process; information and data management, configuration control
- Record of success in contributing to the completion of programs and projects; ability to obtain results and make key recommendations
- Ability to provide high level summary of results and draw conclusions based on interpretation of data
- Bachelor degree plus five years' experience. Length and depth of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
Must be available to work across three shifts, with occasional on-call duty 24/7/365
- In-depth working knowledge of Microsoft Office product suite (Excel, Word, Power Point, Visio)
- Seasoned communicator with demonstrated success in leadership, followership, and working with contract representatives and government sponsors.
- Prior experience supporting USSF (AFSPC) satellite operations or space missions
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top