ECS Quality Manager I
We are looking for an experienced, quality professional leader who:
• Would be excited to join a leading top tier global aerospace & defense enterprise
• Has a long standing passion for electronics and software technology innovation
• Is a good fit for a business that is regarded by its customers as a world class innovator across a broad span of technologies in the space, air, land, and sea domains in both defense and commercial applications
• Enjoys working with and coaching quality managers and business leaders to continuously improve execution success across portfolios, programs and projects
• Is motivated by staying on the leading edge of innovation and best practices in quality science and Lean Six Sigma and can guide an enterprise on how best to incorporate changes in products and processes as value driving activities
• Will locate at the Electronics Combat Solutions Business Area on Canal Street in Nashua, NH, one hour from Boston, MA.
The role is responsible for the effective performance of Product Line Quality (quality assurance, continuous process improvement, and lifecycle management) technology, applications, process, and people resources.
In this position you will work closely with Product Line Managers, other Program Quality Professionals and BAE Systems counterparts to provide value-added solutions in concert with Zero Defect plans and support toward achieving near term goals, longer term strategic objectives, and compliance to federal, state and local statutes.
Primary duties include:
1. Provide direction, supervision, and guidance to ensure alignment with customer requirements, quality policy, program execution, strategic objectives and organizational goals for both internal and supplier items. (With a Strong emphasis on Zero Defect plans and strategy)
2. Collaborate with senior management for planning, execution, and management of process improvements, projects of special interest, and Product Line or Business Area related initiatives.
3. Manage compliance with federal, state, and local regulations and minimize risk to employees and liability to the Product Line and Business Area.
4. Provide input to policies and procedures in lifecycle management, customer satisfaction, quality, and process improvement.
5. Lead quality product line teams to determine strategy and tactical deployment, improve performance using Six Sigma tools, lower costs, and generate innovative solutions within the Product Line and Business Area.
6. Interface with internal and external customers on root cause and corrective actions.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
Self-starting problem solver with a fact based focus on continuous improvement, and a demonstrated history of leadership
- Experience with the review and approval of FAIRs based on AS9102 industry standard
- Strong understanding of 8D (or equivalent) problem solving methodology
- Experience operating in an ISO9001/AS9100 Quality Management Systems environment
- Audit experience
- Experience dealing with internal and external customers
- Certification and experience with IPC-A-610, J-STD-001, IPC-A-600, MIL-STD-883 methods 2010, 2017, 2032, MIL-STD-750
- TipQA and Oracle experience
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt certification
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top