ECS Development Procurement Manager
This leadership position is responsible for the BAE Systems Electronic Combat Solutions (ECS) Development Procurement Team. This role supports key procurement strategies for commodity management in the material execution of electronics, PWB's, cables and machined parts for development programs. The selected individual will be responsible for a team of 10+ Procurement professionals located in Nashua, NH ensuring the highest performance levels of material procurement execution, developing and implementing continuous improvement projects, and ensuring compliance with all regulations and policies. This position works closely with many internal and external stakeholders across development programs including but not limited to Supply Chain Management, Supplier Quality, Manufacturing, Engineering and Program teams. This position will be a focal point to support major initiatives such as left shifting procurement strategies, supplier segmentation, second sourcing and zero defect assessments. This will require coordination between product line, business to enterprise-levels to maximize contributions, benefits and savings.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 6 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Required education: Bachelor Degree
- Significant leadership experience and ability to successfully influence outcomes either in a supervisory role or as an individual contributor with indirect project-assigned team members
- A flexible and adaptable leadership style, strong organizational and communication skills with an assertive, team-oriented professional demeanor.
- Strong business acumen with excellent written, verbal, and listening skills. Ability to successfully interface internally and externally with BAE Systems senior management and executive supplier leadership teams.
- Data driven decision maker
- Ability / experience to operate in a demanding and dynamic culture.
- Proven track record in change management and continuous improvement, including leadership in implementing sourcing strategies
- Clear command of Procurement & Supply Chain best practices with experience in successful implementation
- Experience driving direct material affordability
- Ensures compliance with policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of Defense and Federal Acquisition Regulations
- Demonstrated negotiation experience
- Detailed knowledge and experience with enterprise ERP systems
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, etc.)
- Working knowledge of Oracle ERP
- Procurement Training Certification (i.e. APICS, CPM, etc.)
- 6 Sigma Certification - Green Belt
- Experience negotiating complex contracts, terms and conditions
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top