Earned Value Supply Chain Planner
Work is performed without appreciable direction to gather, analyze, and present program data across all systems platforms with a particular program. Exercised considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to work assignments. Supports and responds to all requests from the Supply Chain organization regarding business and systems data gathering, analysis and presentation. Serves as a consultant to management and also acts as a lead to team members to train and develop new team members. Develops and implements tools and procedures to aid in the strategic execution of materials procurement. Develops solutions to a variety of complex problems which requires the use of innovation.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
1. Implement requests from members of the Supply Chain organization, to include the Director, Production Purchasing and Commodity Managers, to fulfill all business and systems data analysis requirements.
2. Develop and propose new and innovative tools and procedures for strategic materials procurement and supply chain management.
3. Guide and instruct key members of the Supply Chain Organization in proper and efficient use of company technological and systems assets.
4. Develop, implement, and monitor Supply Chain metrics and analysis.
5. Maintain a safe work environment and ensure compliance with safety objectives and policies.
6. Share responsibility of self-development with immediate supervisor.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 4 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
Bachelor's degree (typically Business, Finance or Information Systems) plus 4 years of relevant experience or equivalent experience.
Strong analytical skills, good communication skills (written & verbal), excellent presentation skills, and strong technical skills in an information systems discipline with the ability to perform financial analysis.
Preferred Skills and Education
Experience in financial reporting and direct Earned Value knowledge
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services
The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair...just to name a few. Our employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will too.
We celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Back to top