Dsgn Spec Sr
Performs design and drafting of both electrical and mechanical aspects of electrical/electronic equipment. Performs layout drawing and checking of schematic diagrams as supplied in rough form by electrical engineering; makes wiring diagrams from schematic diagrams (vice-versa). Performs overall line replaceable unit (LRU) chassis and housing design/drafting, including overall system packaging. Selects electrical/electronics Line-Replaceable Unit (LRU) components such as electrical/electronic components, mounting brackets, shock/vibration isolators, electrical connectors, electrical accessories, wire, shielding, shield terminators, terminal lugs, etc. Produces schematic diagrams and/or CAD drawings for submission to customers, plant, operations or outside vendors to produce the specified LRU/wiring harnesses and cable assemblies. Output must be able to be entered directly into data management configuration control.
The desired skill set includes the following:
- Experience working with electrical/electronic systems of military ground vehicles
- Completes designs from beginning to end: including concept development, review, detailed design, documentation, verification and validation of simple sub-systems.
- Experience in electrical/electronic packaging from concept to final released technical data package (TDP).
- Utilizes advanced modeling and analysis tools to develop product specifications, models, simulations, technical data packages and integration/verification procedures.
- Expert knowledge of CAD drafting/modeling and design techniques.
- Experience designing wiring harnesses/cable assemblies, routing of wiring harnesses/cable assemblies and developing wiring harness/cable assembly drawings
- Experience developing vehicle and subsystem electrical/electronic installations
- Understanding of drawing generation utilizing Pro-E and Pro-Cable (minimum 2-3 years experience)
- Understanding of MIL-STD-100, ANSI Y14.5/14.41, and Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD and T).
- Working knowledge of military electrical connector and electrical cabling specifications. Capable of creating electrical/electronics interconnects and schematics with Visio Technical
- The Integrated Product Team (IPT) environment for this position requires highly cooperative team working skills, as well as very good oral and written communication skills.
- Associate Degree in a relevant technical discipline, or an equivalent combination of education and experience; plus a minimum of 9 years experience; or relevant Bachelor's degree or equivalent plus an additional 5 years experience
- Working knowledge of electrical engineering and electromechanical engineering tools is highly desired
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top