Dsgn Spec II
Develop basic data and make preliminary layouts, sketches, and notes necessary to support design efforts. Investigate pertinent design factors. Check completed layouts and drawings for clarity, completeness, conformity to specifications, and dimensioning.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create and develop conceptual solutions and mature selected design to a full technical drawing package in preparation of manufacturing activities.
- Apply basic knowledge of a design to our products and technology to solve moderately complex and clearly defined engineering problems. Select the best method or process from among several existing alternatives.
- Develop conceptual component, subassembly and assembly models based on performance requirements and design constraints.
- Create detailed technical data package drawings and specification including machining drawings, weld drawings, components, source and specifications drawings, subassembly and assembly drawings.
- Develop and manage interface control models and drawings for both mechanical and electrical interfaces.
- Provide input to project leaders for the development of project plans, schedules, and budgets.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of relevant industry practices, trends, and applications.
- Maintain a safe work environment and ensure compliance with safety objectives and policies and rules.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top