Drafter / CAD Operator II
BAE Systems, one of the world’s leading defense contractors and a Fortune 500 Company, is hiring a Drafter / CAD Operator at the Holston Army Ammunition Plant in Kingsport, TN.
The Drafter / CAD Operator:
- Produces drawings, charts, graphs, and tables from specified instructions using standard drafting procedures to depict new components, assemblies, systems, or subsystems.
- Uses computer-aided design or other graphic tools or drafting techniques to perform scaling, dimensioning, or line locating.
- Calculates various dimensions or weights using mathematical formulas.
- Works with engineers and developers to accurately depict the desired design characteristics.
- Contributes design modifications to improve quality of product or facilitate manufacturing operations.
- Assists plant employees in obtaining necessary drawings and information to implement improvement projects
- Creates As-Built Drawings and Field Walk Downs
- Experience with 2D electrical drafting is required and mechanical and civil drafting is preferred.
BAE Systems helps protect those who protect us. At our R&D and manufacturing facility at the Holston Army Ammunition Plant in Kingsport, TN, we do this by developing safer explosives for our government and commercial customers. Holston AAP has provided high quality explosives for our soldiers since WWII and will continue to push the frontier of energetic material synthesis and manufacturing with your help. Learn more about this area of our business at www.baesystems.com/OSIjobs.
Required Skills and Education o Associate’s Degree in engineering design technology or similar discipline; plus a minimum of two to five years of recent, relevant CAD drafting experience.
o Minimum 2 years recent experience translating engineering drawings, markups and 3D models into 2D CAD drawings for electrical and instrumentation. Experience doing this for mechanical and civil as well is preferred.
o CAD experience with AutoCAD and/or Microstation.
o Strong math skills for basic calculations and measurements.
o Must be able to meet deadlines efficiently.
o Ability to select and apply appropriate engineering standards and procedures and verify compliance.
o Ability to visualize three-dimensional, dynamic systems.
o Ability to communicate and work with and support engineers.
o Ability to work as part of a team to solve technical problems.
o Ability to use knowledge of various machines, engineering practices, mathematics, building materials, and other physical sciences to complete drawings.
o Ability to use Microsoft Word and Excel required.
Preferred Skills and Education Experience with Mechanical, Civil, Electrical and Instrumentation 2D drawing work.
Familiarity with relevant military and commercial and industrial design standards.
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services Posting BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. With headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, this Platform and Services Group of BAE Systems employs nearly 11,000 professionals at more than 30 locations worldwide. Platform and Services is a global leader in the design, development, production, and service support of armored combat vehicles, major and minor caliber naval guns and missile launchers, canisters, artillery systems, and intelligent munitions. People are the greatest asset in any Company. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top