Document Management Specialist
BAE Systems, one of the world's largest defense contractors and a stable Fortune 500 Company, is hiring a Document Management Specialist to scan paper documents to be retained electronically and help ensure compliance for record retention at a US government facility. The ideal Document Management Specialist candidate is self-motivated and enjoys working in a fast-paced environment.
• Ensures document control and document retention processes are compliant with ISO standards, OSHA standards, and corporate policy.
• Responsible for maintaining the document control and document retention systems, including organizing, filing, scanning, issuing, recalling, and destroying documents.
• Reviewing documents prior to issuance to ensure compliance to internal procedures.
• Actively participates in audits of the document control and document retention processes.
• Other duties as assigned.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
High school diploma and 6 years relevant document retention and control experience; associate's degree and 2 years experience or bachelor's degree.
- Attention to detail.
- Requires a working understanding of document control, change control and document retention principles.
- Requires the ability to work with various functional groups to ensure compliance to document control procedure, change control procedure, and document retention procedure.
- Above average skills in Microsoft Word, Access and Adobe.
- Ability to organize and set priorities in a fast-paced environment and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work across functional areas in an operational environment
Experience using SQL database and / or Access database. Experience auditing documents and knowledge of ISO 9001 a plus. Degree in business a plus. Chemical manufacturing industry experience is a plus.
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Platforms & Services designs, develops, produces, supports, maintains, modernizes and upgrades armored combat vehicles, wheeled vehicles, naval guns, surface ship combatants, commercial vessels, missile launchers, artillery systems, military ordnance, and protective wear and armor. Equal Opportunity Employer: Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top