DM System Software Developer
- Sterling, VA
BAE Systems is building a team of System Software Developers to research, design, develop, and/or modify enterprise-wide system software in support of the Intelligence Community. Our team of developers will participate in planning of software deployment while meeting software compliance standards, and evaluate the interface between hardware and software, operational requirements, and characteristics of overall system. The team will also track and fix bugs found during testing and operations.
Supports Data Warehouse Manager. Collaborates with Data Warehouse Engineer, Database Architect, and GIS Scientist/Technician to develop backend tools that will expand current big data analytic capabilities within the Agency and/or COCOMs. Develop/improve group search/classification capabilities, implement application programming interface to data store interfaces to enable analysts and systems to access, enrich, and export data. Enhance advanced computing libraries to include object detection, correlation, and spatial analytics. Works closely with the Data Compliance Specialist and Information Security Analyst to ensure compliance and security authorities and policies implemented during development.
Work Locations for this opportunity are located primarily in Sterling VA and Joint Base Anacostia Bolling. However, other work locations are available in Reston VA, Charlottesville VA, Doral Florida and other CONUS and OCONUS. We're hiring multiple candidates for this position, ranging in skill levels from Junior to Subject Matter Expert.
Required Skills and Education
- Bachelor's degree in computer related field.
- 0-3 years | 4-8 years | 9-12 years |13+ years of related experience.
- Active TS clearance
- Experience with build tools including Maven and Gradle
- Experience with CSS (2 or 3) and HTML (5)
- Experience with web containers like Apache Tomcat
- Practical understanding of object-oriented, multi-threaded, and asynchronous programming
- Working knowledge of GitHub using pull requests, feature branching and code versioning
- Familiarity with Jenkins for build/test/delivery automation
- Experience with relational databases and SQL
- Debugging and problem-solving skills
- Experience with Agile methodologies (i.e. Scrum, Kanban)
- Familiarity with frameworks including Angular2, Struts, Grails
- Familiarity with Groovy
- Working knowledge with scripting languages (Bash, Powershell, Python)
- Working knowledge of Test-Driven Development including unit test creation
- Working knowledge of service-oriented architecture (SOA), RESTful web services, API development, and Messaging (JMS, SQS)
- Experience with Jetty and OpenSSL
- Familiarity with AWS platform
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top