BAE Systems, Inc. is currently recruiting for a Director of Subcontracts to support our Intelligence & Security (I&S) businesses as a subject matter expert. You will have responsibilities with the oversight of the Subcontracts function for all of the I&S business areas. The I&S business headquarters is in McLean, VA, this location of this position is flexible, with regular travel to all sites required.
As a key part of the senior business management team, you will have the following roles:
- Provide higher-level guidance and hands--on coaching to Subcontracts professionals, including complex contractual arrangements of strategic importance to the business.
- Influential in the entire range of subcontract formation, negotiation and administration of policies and processes in accordance with customer expectations and corporate objectives.
- Responsibility to establish and update subcontract policies and processes to ensure achievement of corporate expectations.
- Participate in development of business alliances, acquisitions and divestitures, and risk management.
- Influence career development and training opportunities for subcontract professionals.
- Provide guidance and leadership to cross-functional business team members.
- Lead complex negotiations.
- Understand the business case and have an appreciation of financial/analytical issues and profit and loss implications.
- You should be comfortable working in a shifting role from the usual high-level strategic coaching to occasional front-line subcontract management, as circumstances arise.
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 12 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
Our ideal candidates will have the following experiences:
- Bachelor's Degree and 12 years work experience, or equivalent experience.
- At least 5 years of managing and developing contracting/Subcontracts professionals; preferably experience in managing other contract managers.
- Excellent presentation, team building and leadership skills, with the ability to perform in a complex cross-functional business environment.
- Ability to effect and manage change.
- Motivational and visionary leadership skills, including the ability to recognize and develop emerging leadership talent.
- Experienced in the entire life cycle of prime and subcontract contracting, from proposal phase to contract closeout.
- Well versed in the following types of contracts: Commercial, DOD Cost type, Firm Fixed Price, and Services Contracts.
- Fluent with FAR, DFAR regulations.
- Experienced in non-DOD, commercial contracting including risk management and other contracting elements.
- Excellent writing skills a must, with a clear understanding of contract formation principles.
- Related professional Certifications or Advanced Degree preferred.
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Arun P.Program Engineering Manager
Arun oversees the technical and operational aspects of engine control system projects for the company’s commercial airline clients around the world.
Back to top