Director of Subcontracts - Tactical Systems & CNS
- Huntington Station, NY
In support of a Business Area with over $1 billion in annual revenue and material spend in the hundreds of millions, leads and coordinates cradle to grave subcontracting activities. This individual is accountable for the technical, financial, schedule and quality performance of the subcontractor, as well as the proactive coordination of the internal team support necessary for subcontractor success. Prepares and presents briefings to Programs and Management on subcontractor performance and escalates issues to the Project Manager for resolution within the project team. Provides leadership to less experienced Subcontract Administrators. Performs additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Lead and manage a team of Subcontracts professionals at various experience levels in proposal preparation, subcontract negotiations, subcontract management/administration, and subcontract execution for assigned programs, including planning, negotiating, administering and executing proposals and subcontract agreements. Identify risks and opportunities and create/drive plans to mitigate and realize them. Support material sales forecasting and drive performance to operating plans. Develop and execute a subcontractor strategy compliant with Small Business Plans on assigned programs.
Drive Zero Defect initiatives with supply base. Develop and maintain professional and dependable relationships with both internal and external customers. Responsible for all aspects of procurement compliance. Will also be responsible to review and approve complex basis of estimates for Prime Contract proposals and ensure compliance with Truthful Cost or Pricing Data.
Coordinate Production Program and Development Program activities among BAE Systems Supply Chain Managers, Integrated Product Team/Program Leads and Engineering as required. Ensure quick resolution of technical and programmatic issues by leveraging and integrating the capabilities of the entire organization. Participate in and contribute to Subcontract Management Reviews, technical meetings, subcontractor partner assessments and audits. Generate and author Subcontract Management Plans compliant to Command Media and identify measures for managing subcontractors. Support planning, execution and reporting of subcontract material and labor budgets, and estimate at completion (EAC) inputs. Work closely with Operations Proposal Group to develop subcontractor strategies including packaging work and negotiating to support the price to win.
Required Skills and Education
- Experience in a large, complex multifaceted electronics design & manufacturing environment
- Familiarity with defense aerospace industry & regulations and the Understanding of the role of subcontractors in complex industries.
- Experience leading major procurement efforts in a Department of Defense (DOD) contracting environment.
- Knowledge of FAR and DFAR regulations and the nature of flow down requirements.
- Knowledge of ITAR (International Traffic in Arms Regulation) and EAR (Export Administration Regulation
- Understanding/knowledge of CPSR audits and requirements.
- Comprehensive understanding of subcontractor solicitations and bid analysis/process.
- Strong working experience generating, negotiating and executing major subcontracts/purchases.
- Demonstrated ability to resolve contractual conflicts with subcontractors through negotiations and contractual vehicles.
- Project / Supplier Management
- Financial Acumen
- Proven leadership and organizational change experience
- Ability to motivate and manage personnel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Excellent time management/organizational skills
- Strong experience managing Subcontracts or Procurement team.
- Strategic/Critical Thinking
- Ability to find win-win solutions; a "make it happen" attitude.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook).
- Bachelor's Degree in related discipline and 12 years or more of directly related work experience preferably in a government-contracting environment.
- Willingness and desire for continuous improvement.
- Generosity of thought and knowledge.
- Well versed with Oracle ERP system.
- Cost Analysis experience (COPD, CID, Competitive)
- Earned Value Management and Lifecycle Management experience
- 12 plus years' experience in operations, supply chain, procurement.
- Professional Supply Chain Certification: C.P.M., C.P.S.M., P.M.P.
- Graduate degree in a related field.
- Contracts / Legal background
- Please Note that pursuant to a government contract this position requires US Citizenship Status
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve.
Back to top