Director of Subcontracts
BAE Systems, Inc is currently recruiting for a Director of Subcontracts to support our Weapons Systems businesses as a subject matter expert. You will have responsibilities with the oversight of the Subcontracts function for Weapons Systems - US, United Kingdom, and Sweden.
As a key part of the senior business management team, you will have the following roles:
- Provide higher level guidance and hands--on coaching to Subcontracts professionals, including complex contractual arrangements of strategic importance to the business.
- Influential in the entire range of subcontract formation, negotiation and administration of policies and processes in accordance with customer expectations and corporate objectives.
- Responsibility to establish and update subcontract policies and processes to ensure achievement of corporate expectations.
- Participate in development of business alliances, acquisitions and divestitures, and risk management.
- Influence career development and training opportunities for subcontract professionals.
- Provide guidance and leadership to cross-functional business team members.
- Lead complex negotiations.
- Understand the business case and have an appreciation of financial/analytical issues and profit and loss implications.
You should be comfortable working in a shifting role from the usual high-level strategic coaching to occasional front-line subcontract management, as circumstances arise.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 12 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
Our ideal candidates will have the following experiences:
- At least 8 years of managing and developing subcontracting professionals.
- Excellent presentation, team building and leadership skills, with the ability to perform in a complex cross-functional business environment.
- Ability to effect and manage change.
- Motivational and visionary leadership skills, including the ability to recognize and develop emerging leadership talent.
- Experienced in the entire life cycle of prime and subcontract contracting, from proposal phase to contract closeout.
- Well versed in the following types of contracts: Commercial, DOD Cost type, Firm Fixed Price, and Services Contracts.
- Fluent with FAR, DFAR regulations.
- Experienced in non-DOD, commercial contracting including risk management and other contracting elements.
- Excellent writing skills a must, with a clear understanding of contract formation principles.
The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair...just to name a few. Our employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will too.
We celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Back to top