Director of Strategic Operations
- Drives the long-range strategic planning process for operations, in support of the Optical Electronic Warfare Systems (OEWS) product line in the STS BA, by overseeing and managing aspects of technical operations, manufacturing, project management, production control, and supply chain management. Defines goals, improves technologies, and resolves problems in conjunction with managers of engineering, program management, manufacturing, and supply chain. Develops operations-related plans, budgets, and procedures and continuous improvement efforts. Responsible for training, mentoring and hiring of Operations Programs Managers.
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 12 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- BS in technical field or business management or equivalent experience as it relates to project management and process improvement and minimum of five (5) years' work experience or Master's degree and six (3) years' experience.
- Proven teamwork and leadership skills; able to work across "boundaries" including across multiple functions, program teams, suppliers
- Strong process knowledge and hands-on experience implementing process improvement principles Problem Solver, Self-Starter
- Strong written/verbal communication skills
- Computer proficiency, strong analytical thinking
• Black Belt or Green Belt certification is a plus
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top