Director of Security, DoD Programs
We are seeking a Director of Security for our DoD portfolio of programs in the Intelligence & Security sector. The Industrial Security Director is the direct line leader for all FSO’s and will liaison between the sector and DSS up to regional levels to de-conflict interpretation of policies, gain approvals as necessary on exceptions and support collaboration between industry and USG on any NISPOM/DoD related policy and procedure. This individual is the DoD SME and will validate across the sector that all Industrial security programs are in compliance to relevant policy and procedures utilizing a SAV process. Successful candidate will standardize processes where possible and strategize on how to implement a consistent program across geographic boundaries. The Director will engage and support cross functional projects as necessary to proliferate best practices and encourage collaboration. This position manages employees performing activities to protect information from unauthorized disclosure, including security inquiries, compliance assessments and implementation of security controls primarily in the NISP domain.
Primary job responsibilities:
- Oversees development and implementation of an operational security program, procedures and controls to ensure compliance with government and company regulations/requirements on large and/or complex programs.
- Oversees implementation of a security awareness, training and education program to educate, refresh, and motivate personnel to protect people, property and information.
- Develops and implements integrated departmental plans to ensure business, technical and customer requirements are achieved. Assigns authority and responsibilities to first-level managers to execute the plan. Reviews plans’ execution, makes appropriate adjustments, and resolves issues. Develops and advances business cases to support continuation of program, projects or processes.
- Mentors and provides developmental opportunities and job assignments to enhance employee performance and expand capabilities of first-level managers and others within their department. Provides on-going developmental feedback. Promotes employee recognition and builds a departmental culture that improves employee satisfaction and retains a skilled and motivated workforce. Rewards first-level managers for their efforts to recognize and motivate others.
- Conveys organizational messages and facilitates the accomplishment of departmental goals. Proactively communicates with employees, peers and customers. Keeps others informed by communicating program or project status, conducting and participating in team meetings, providing presentations and listening to employee concerns and suggestions. Implements strategies to improve open and honest communication within the department. Communicates policies and directives to enhance employee awareness and clarify expectations.
- Establishes partnerships and relationships with internal and external customers, stakeholders, peers and direct reports. Improves processes to achieve goals.
- Enforces company rules and policies regarding ethical behavior, safety, security, use of company property, time charging, etc.
- Creates a culture of continuous improvement. Charters process improvement teams and modifies departmental structures to improve operating effectiveness. Identifies opportunities to improve departmental processes.
- Holds first-level managers accountable for achieving goals.
- Oversight of Internal Security Controls through performance of compliance assessment reviews and self-inspections to ensure compliance with government and company regulations/requirements. Required Skills and Education
- Requires minimum of a Bachelor’s degree and 20 years of experience with 15 years directly related security experience.
- A current TOP SECRET Clearance is required to be considered
- Experience working with EEO, ethics, legal matters and problem resolution.
- Working knowledge of Information Assurance Policy & RMF
- Ability to grow a security team, proven leadership, goal development and performance monitoring.
- 8 or more years experience working with the National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM), NISP and Special Access Programs.
- Excellent computer skills and experience with security systems such as JPAS & SIMS
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Excellent decision making and reasoning skills
- Knowledge of contractor operations and personnel security requirements for the DoD and IC agencies
- Ability to work with little oversight and as a member of a team
Preferred Skills and Education
- 5 or more years experience in a leadership role
- Candidate should be familiar with government policy, including the ICDs and the NISPOM. Courses and certificates hosted and obtained through NSTi, NCMS, DNI, or other organizations will be recognized.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That’s BAE Systems. That’s Inspired Work.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel. EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top