Director of Operations
Develops, maintains, and directs all aspects of Operations. Ensures that all Operations resources are coordinated and lead to achievement of product quality, cost, and schedule objectives by utilizing the human and physical resources available. Process improvements,individual project task planning, and the definition of capital and M&PE expenditures are required. Generation of five year maintenance plan and high level direction to direct reports on plan execution are required. Oversees and directs the Production Craft Managers, Facilities, and Docks, and waterside resources. Provides direction and leadership on new proposals within Operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Oversees the Operations Department; provides direction and manages the overall coordination of all product lines, facilities, docks and waterside resources within Operations. Participates in weekly reviews of project status and analysis meetings ensuring schedule and performance of crafts are acceptable. Holds formal monthly craft review.
2. Maintains a strategic view of craft performance and evaluates overall capital requirements consistent with new proposal work. Drives and provides direction of manufacturing technology and process improvement through the use of the Production budget.
3. Ensures adequate manpower is in place to provide product leadership within Operations.
4. Provides leadership and direction to craft mangers in their role as Workforce Planning managers on specific craft lines.
5. Reports and leads corrective action on product technical problems that are design and/or manufacturing in nature.
6. Reports CPI and SPI and initiates ETC/EAC on product lines; initiates corrective action(s), as required.
7. Reviews performance of subordinates and takes appropriate action regarding salary increases, promotions, and disciplinary action. Interviews applicants for open positions and encourages development of existing employees through training and assignment changes.
8. Maintains a safe work environment and ensures compliance with safety objectives and policies.
9. Shares responsibility of self-development with immediate supervisor.
Scope of Position
Direct Reports: Yes
Indirect Reports: Yes
Budget Responsibility: Yes
Revenue Responsibility: No
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelors Degree with 7-10 years of experience. Required Skills and Education Min. Education: Bachelor’s Degree. Min. Experience: 7-10 years of work experience.
Key Job Requirements
Problem Solving: Analytical thought needed to resolve issues in a variety of complex situations, without supervision.
Nature of Impact: Impacts quality, timeliness of results, planning and revenues or budget.
Area of Impact: Primary focus on Ship Repair business area.
Interpersonal Skills: Developed communication skills to exchange complex information.
Negotiation Skills: Negotiates mainly internally within a project team or department.
Project Management: Leads Project/Program team member checking the work of others. Typically responsible for training and developing new team members.
Licenses/Cert.: Certain positions may require the ability to obtain Security Clearance.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
Physical Requirements: Regularly required to sit; frequently required to move about, and reach with hands and arms.
Working Conditions: Normal office environment.
Preferred Skills and Education Pref. Education: Master’s Degree preferred.
Pref. Experience: More than 10+ years experience preferred.
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services Posting BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. With headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, this Platform and Services Group of BAE Systems employs nearly 11,000 professionals at more than 30 locations worldwide. Platform and Services is a global leader in the design, development, production, and service support of armored combat vehicles, major and minor caliber naval guns and missile launchers, canisters, artillery systems, and intelligent munitions. People are the greatest asset in any Company. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top