Director of Compute Services
- Reston, VA
The Director of Compute services collaborates with all Compute Services leads and provides the overall Compute vision, integrated directional strategy, associated roadmaps and all supporting documentation. This role is a highly collaborative role which will work across Compute Services, Infrastructure services and the broader IT Operations organization. The role will cover strategy across Compute dimensions which cover people, process, compliance, automation, and technology. This role will work closely with the Compliance and Governance group to ensure all services are compliant and remain compliant in accordance of government and internal regulations.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Advanced college degree in related technology field (Computer, Engineering, Science, etc.) or comparable job experience
- Approximately 15+ years of experience in a senior Operation Engineering/Service Management role
- Able to exhibit a progression of increasingly complex job responsibilities during the period inclusive of senior staff management oversight for large global organizations
- Demonstrated experience in the field of Cloud technologies
- Knowledge of government compliance and regulations (NIST, DFARS, and CMMC)
- Drive efficiency through automation, leverage self-service provisioning capability
- Experience implementing and migration services to the Cloud (AWS and Azure)
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Articulates and manages the strategic direction and provides an overall vision, directional strategy and 2 to 3 year roadmaps across Compute Services
- Working with Compute Services leads, develops overall strategy and roadmaps
- Acts as a thought leader in cross business and IT impacted discussions involving new or evolving business needs for technology
- Shares leadership directives with peers in the implementation of best practices and leverages the work of other departments to promote continuous improvement
- During the planning process assist with developing business case for investments and ensure alignment with strategic objectives of Compute Services
- Drive the lean and managed services agenda
- Provides converged support across all Compute global operating environments and platforms with a focus on ITIL V3. Ensure operational readiness as we introduce new services and capabilities into the environment
- Drives the change and process management disciplines including implementation of services to drive continuous improvement in operational and infrastructure performance directives
- Work with team to develop work plans to test / evaluate strategies and insights which could span process improvement, organizational change, and functional strategy efforts
- Drive people agenda focused on managed Services
- Effectively build relationships and collaborate with team members across functional departments
- Develop standard and ad-hoc reports and analyses to support Executive decision making
About BAE Systems, Inc.
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts - defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team-making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Back to top