Director of Business Operations
Intelligence Solutions is a Business Area within the Intelligence & Security sector of BAE Systems Inc. Intelligence Solutions is responsible for the execution of all Intel related programs within I&S and for business operations and growth in this market. The Intelligence Solutions Director of Business Operations will report directly to the VP/GM and is a key member of the Intelligence Solutions senior leadership team.
The Director of Business Operations directs all areas of business operations, both on a daily basis as routine issues arise, executing a wide and challenging range of support activities that underpin the efficient operations of this large and complex business, and looking to the future as they undertake the planning and execution of longer term strategic operations and initiatives. The individual in this role will actively participate in all business reviews and decisions and manage all reporting requirements upwards. They delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel, identifying and resolving issues and conflicts within the business unit. They interpret companywide processes and establish Intelligence Solutions operating policies and processes that ensure the smooth operation of the business.
They interact frequently with all levels of the business and with external management/stakeholders.
Specific responsibilities of this position will include the following four areas but not be limited to:
- Business Operations
- Coordinating Monthly and Quarterly Business Reviews
- Coordinate Monthly Lifecycle Management Sessions and Tracking of Business Compliance on topics such as Training
- Develop and Deliver Monthly Management and other Business Reporting
- Evaluate performance by analyzing and interpreting data and metrics
- Indirect and Capital Budget Planning and Management
- Program Management Leadership
- Serve as the Business Area Program Management Authority
- Develop programs and process to advance our program management expertise.
- PM and broader Workforce Training Strategy inclusive of monitoring and reporting
- Internal and External audit program oversight.
- Strategy Engagement and Coordination
- Translate customer requirements into organizational plans
- Various Continuous Improvement initiatives for performance and/or efficiency
- Design and implement business strategies, plans and procedures
- Coordination of Annual IBP Cycle Strategy Development
- Site Executive
- Planning and Management of Intelligence Solutions facilities, including facilities rationalization, improvements and new requirements
- Safety program Management and oversight
- Business Continuity Management
- Sponsorship and Community Investment Planning and Management
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 12 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- BS in a management, engineering, finance, or related field.
- 10 + years' related experience as business operations or program management.
- Thorough understanding of industry best practices in the Intelligence and/or DOD technical services market.
- Demonstrated leadership in educating project managers with experience and knowledge.
- Significant experience working with non-engineering functions and business processes (Business Development, Contracts, Pricing, Finance, Procurement, HR).
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Active clearance.
- MBA or Post-graduate degree in related technical or in management-related discipline.
- Actively serving as a Chief Operating Officer or key in an organization providing the role.
- An individual with both line management and functional support background.
- Knowledge and experience working in the Intelligence and/or DoD technical services industry.
- Experience in proposal processes and development.
- PMP accreditation.
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top