Director of Business Development
The Intelligence Solutions business unit is seeking a Director, Business Development for the Intelligence Services market, located in Northern VA. This position will report directly to the Vice President of Business Winning for Intelligence Solutions, to further develop our pipeline related to intelligence support to the broader Intelligence Community (IC) and the DoD. This position will need to bring existing customer relationships, develop and maintain strong business relationships with key decision makers across BAE Systems Intelligence & Security Sector, as well as identify and qualify business opportunities, and position BAE Systems for bidding. Specific activities include:
Builds, matures and executes comprehensive account plans that deliver desired customer awareness and awards.
• Identifies and qualifies a robust pipeline of focused opportunities that align with Intelligence Solutions business objectives.
• Develops and maintains strong customer relationships to identify customer objectives, priorities, and requirements that strategically position BAE Systems as an innovative industry leader.
• Develops and maintains strong industry relations with large and small businesses with significant presence in the assigned markets.
• Teams with Business Area leadership to provide counsel and recommendations for the bid/no bid gate reviews and collaborates with the PDC & Capture for smooth turnover to proposal development
• Conducts competitive analysis
• Develops effective win strategies which include identifying and qualifying new opportunities
• Maintains a pipeline of qualified opportunities in excess of $500M
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 15 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
Strong understanding of the intelligence community with relevant organizational relationships. Prior experience directly supporting NGA is desired.
Preferred Skills and Education
Identifies, develops, and implements near-term and long-term business strategies relating to the development of new products, technologies, services, follow-on products, and/or industries. Identifies markets, licensing opportunities, and determines the feasibility of business. Performs economic analyses on product opportunities. Develops business models and determines market trends to substantiate long-term prospects. Works with sales, marketing and potential customers to determine their needs.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top