Director Naval Aviation Systems & Requirements
Director, Naval Aviation Systems & Requirements provides leadership to the Electronics Systems Sector and business areas involved with marketing, business development and support of current and new business activities with Naval Aviation customers in the NAS Patuxent River and Southern Md. area.
The position will contribute to the identification, qualification and creation of new business opportunities, to the prioritization of new business, to the development of the marketing plans and capture strategies for Navy & Marine Corps Aviation business opportunities.
The Director for Naval Aviation Systems & Requirements will report to the Electronics Systems VP of Customer Requirements and Advocacy, regularly interface with Navy and Marine Corps acquisition personnel and support the business areas of the Electronics Systems Sector with the identification, qualification and creation of new business opportunities.
The position will develop and maintain close trusted partner relationships with offices of senior military and civilian US Government customers, current and prospective customers, as well as industry partners and suppliers. The customers would include all relevant Navy and Marine Corps mission areas associated with the Cooperative Strategy for 21st Century Seapower and Navy’s Design for Maintaining Maritime Superiority .
All acquisition life cycle phases for BAE Systems products will be supported from concept development to retirement. Special emphasis will be given to product support initiatives.
The position will coordinate with Electronics Systems Business Development, Engineering and Program Management personnel and present briefings to customers that highlight BAE Systems capabilities and solutions.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet the eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Required Skills and Education 1. At a minimum, a current secret level government clearance to classified information
2. Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree desired
3. Operational Flight Experience with US Navy Units
4. NAVAIR or SPAWAR Systems Command Post-Command ACAT-1 PMA or PEO acquisition experience
5. Thorough knowledge of DoD Planning, Programming, Budgeting and Requirements development process, Joint Capabilities Integration Development System and Federal Acquisition Regulations.
6. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills at all levels of the customer, organization and into partner communities
Preferred Skills and Education 1. Thorough understanding of the US Naval Aviation marketplace, its customers and the ability to think strategically and champion future opportunities
2. Experience with US Naval Aviation, Command and Control, Communication & Data Networks
3. Experience in program development, requirements generation and the JCIDS process
4. Expertise in strategy, government system acquisition and lifecycle management
5. Active Top Secret clearance
6. Master’s Degree About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top