Director Manufacturing Operations
Provide manufacturing operations leadership for the Military Aircraft Systems group within the Controls and Avionics Solutions business area. This is a large single site responsibility with multiple space and defense contractor customers. Position leads the site manufacturing organization that includes OEM and aftermarket manufacturing operations.
This position operates in a large global organization that includes a matrix structure for areas like quality, supply chain, facilities and safety, health and environmental. A critical component is being a strategic partner with the business leadership team. Position provides motivation, coaching and leadership to a manufacturing team to insure business objectives are accomplished including cost, quality and delivery commitments. Leads the manufacturing team to effectively work with external customers and suppliers and also work seamlessly with internal engineering and program management functions.
Additionally, this position must adhere to the highest standards of legal, ethical and business conduct in relationships with employees, the Company, suppliers and customers.
Minimum Education and Experience BS/BA degree in a technical discipline and 15+ years of technical experience including 10 or more years of leadership experience related to manufacturing and supply chain management Required Skills and Education ·Demonstrated and consistent pattern of delivering superior performance.
- Skilled at building and growing an operations team capable of high performance, innovation and continuous improvement.
- Ability to establish and communicate business goals.
- Proven track record of managing expenditure of allocated resources to meet current and future business needs.
- Ability to lead and be strategic while also having a strong focus on current year execution to plan.
- Ability to drive positive change in an organization’s culture.
- Ability to mentor, motivate and coach professionals and teams to a higher level of performance.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and changing priorities.
- Ability to be decisive and be effective in decision making.
- Strong technical, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to interact with all levels of the organization from the production floor worker to senior leadership.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical discipline.
Preferred Skills and Education ·BS or MS degree in electrical, industrial or mechanical engineering.
- Experience in electronics manufacturing.
- Experience working in the aerospace/defense industry.
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top