Director I, Air Force Space & Missile Systems & Requirements
Director, Air Force Space & Missile Systems & Requirements provides guidance, advice, and support to the Electronics Systems Sector leadership and Business Areas involved with business opportunity identification and support of current and new business activities with Air Force customers in the Los Angeles, CA area to include Air Force Space and Missile Systems Center (AF/SMC), Program Executive Officers (PEOs), and System Program Offices (SPOs). The Director will be able to assist Air Force customers in meeting their requirements and capability gaps with those capabilities, products, and technologies available or being developed in the Electronic Systems Sector's Business Areas.
The position will contribute to the identification, qualification and creation of new business opportunities, prioritization of new business pursuits, and the development of marketing plans and capture strategies for Air Force business opportunities.
The Director, Air Force Space & Missile Systems & Requirements will report to the VP, U.S. Customer Requirements & Advocacy in Arlington, VA, regularly interface with the Air Force Customer Requirements & Advocacy Team, Air Force acquisition personnel, and support the Business Areas of the Electronics Systems Sector with the identification, qualification and creation of new business opportunities according to the Business Capture Process.
The position will develop and maintain close trusted partner relationships with offices of senior military and civilian US Government customers, current and prospective customers, as well as industry partners and suppliers. The customers would include all relevant Air Force mission areas associated with AFSMC, PEOs, and SPOs. The acquisition life cycle phases for BAE Systems products will be supported from concept development to retirement.
The position will coordinate with Electronics Systems Business Development, Program Management, and Engineering personnel in preparing, editing, and presenting briefings or hosting discussions with customers highlighting BAE Systems capabilities and solutions against customer requirements and capability shortfalls. The position will also support the Business Areas through attendance at Industry Days, Symposiums, Professional Events, Conferences, and Trade Shows in the Los Angeles area.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 12 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
1. At a minimum, a current Top Secret level government clearance to classified information
2. Bachelor's Degree required, Master's Degree desired
3. Actionable program knowledge of USAF space programs designed and acquired through the Air Force Space and Missile Systems Center ( AFSMC) is required
4. Prior USAF officer with space systems experience is required
5. Thorough knowledge of DOD Planning, Programming, Budgeting and Requirements development process, Joint Capabilities Integration Development System and Federal Acquisition Regulations
6. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills at all levels of the customer, organization and into partner communities
Preferred Skills and Education
1. Thorough understanding of the Space marketplace, its customers and the ability to think strategically and champion future opportunities
2. Experience with U.S. Command and Control, Communication & Data Networks
3. Experience in program development, requirements generation and the JCIDS process
4. Expertise in strategy, government system acquisition and lifecycle management
5. Active TS/SCI
6. Master's Degree
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top