Director Facilities II
Directs all Facilities related activities to ensure real estate assets are optimized, costs minimized and that facilities are clean, well maintained, safe, and provide a suitable work environment for employees, enabling them to be productive. Oversees the strategic planning of the facilities ensuring that the needs of the business are understood and adequately planned for. Manages the facilities organization and develops and trains the staff, as required.
1. Directs lease versus buy or build recommendations to meet the office space needs. Negotiates large or complex leases. Directs facilities engineering design and construction of new facilities or alterations to existing facilities.
2. Directs the maintenance and repair of plant equipment, buildings, and grounds.
3. Selects, trains, counsels, develops, and conducts performance evaluations on Facilities Engineers and Maintenance and Custodial services employees. Makes decisions and takes action regarding personnel matters.
4. Coordinates with other facility leaders within BAE Systems to determine applicability and ability to address facilities needs in a business wide collaborative manner.
5. Monitors current space usage, pending program wins or completions, and other factors impacting space usage and plans for future space needs.
6. Manages the creation of procedures for Facilities Department. Ensures compliance with company policies, collective bargaining agreements, applicable codes and regulatory requirements. Ensures compliance with all local, municipal, state, and federal regulatory agencies for environmental and construction code requirements.
7. Participates at all levels with tax, insurance, and utilities commissions to ensure compliance and mitigation of liability.
8. Expertise in long term planning that can be applied to strategic facilities planning
Required Skills and Education Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering and/or Facilities Management.
A minimum of 15 years of related work experience in Facilities Operations and Project Management.
Preferred Skills and Education Master’s Degree in Technical Management, Facilities Management or Business Administration preferred.
More than 15+ years related Facilities Operations and Project Management experience preferred.
Experience developing and implementing long term facilities plans.
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top